Spouse visa questions

howie67

Hi Everyone,

May I start by saying that I think the website and forum is an awesome resource to migrants!

I have a few questions as we are throwing around the idea of spending some time back in the UK.

My wife is Australian born and does not have UK ancestry. I was born in the UK and also have Australian citizenship. We have been married 6 years and have an 8yo child.

She has been offered the opportunity of working in the UK on a company sponsored work visa for 2 years.

Questions:

If my wife enters the UK on the sponsored work visa, would she have to return to Australia to apply for a spouse visa?

Would the time spent working in the UK on the sponsored work visa count toward time in the UK for the purposes of ILR status? Or would that only start once she has a spouse visa?

Has anyone been through a similar situation and can shed some light on it?

Thanks,

I don't think there's any point in her going on a sponsored visa. Apply for the spouse visa now, using the job to satisfy the financial requirement.. The processing time is officially 3 months but my oh got his in three weeks.

The financial requirement is the only hard part. That means one of you needs evidence of a job to go to (which your wife has), earning at least £18,600 per annum, OR you need to have £62,500 in the bank. You must have held those funds for 12 months, unless they're the proceeds of a house sale.

Archived