Contribuotory Parent Visas - OFfshore Timelines

Ferrets

It seems to have registered to my parents that we are getting close to a visa (hopefully invitation next round), and they have decided they need to look at moving too. Apart from my brother (who lives in Brisbane and would be a sponsor), we have little family left in the UK, and once we are gone they would like to follow.

Plan would be for them to go the contributory visa route (not going to wait for the others), Dad is 75 and Mum is 67.

Does anyone have a view on the timelines for these visas from start to finish? I want to try to encourage them along the process as I think they would be ok with medicals now but would be awful if they held back for a bit and then couldn't get through those when we had all gone!

Thanks

Ferrets

Well if you're waiting on yourown visa grant , they could actually be there before you :). As long as your brother has PR , is your only sibling and has been settled for around 2 years, they are in a position to apply onshore in Australia for the 864 .

So if they choose to visit soon, they might decide they would like to stay permanently; in which case they apply for the 864 which is apparently only taking around 6 months to grant.