applied for 189 & 190...offer of 489 email. Advice?

MiniCooper

Hi I've applied for a 189 and 190 (QLD).

QLD said I'm not eligible for 190 but I am eligible for the 489. I've never considered this option and have just done a little reading about it and searched this forum. I have enough points for the 189 but could be two more months before invited to apply. Should I just hang on for that to come through?

Many thanks in advance

Have they said why you are not eligible for the 190?

Personally I would hold out for the 189 but have a good look at the 489 conditions as it is not PR straight away and will restrict where you can live.

Thanks ever so much for your reply. Yes they said my nominated occupation is not on the list for that state. I have read about the conditions of the 489. I think I will hold out for the 189. Thanks again.

:smile:

I wouldn't entertain the 489 unless you didn't have enough points, it's more restrictive and after you meet the eligibility for Pernament residency after living for 2 years in regional area and working full time for 1 year it can take up,to 6 months to be granted PR 887 visa, and will require more police checks.

Better to wait a couple of months now.

I wouldn't entertain the 489 unless you didn't have enough points, it's more restrictive and after you meet the eligibility for Pernament residency after living for 2 years in regional area and working full time for 1 year it can take up,to 6 months to be granted PR 887 visa, and will require more police checks.

Better to wait a couple of months now.

Many thanks for your response. That seems to be the general consensus. I will wait. Thanks again.

Archived