Grandparents on Contributory Parent Visa?

Ruby ford

Hi,any grandparents applied to emigrate using contributery parents visa2015?

Hi, do you mean grandparents whose children have not also emigrated? i.e. your son/daughter is no longer in the family with the children but the children have emigrated with the other parent??

If so, I'd be interested in any answers.

Laura

2015?? I haven't heard of that. There are two contributory parents visas, the 143 and (I think) 178 temporary two year visa, which can be made permenant by paying an extra dollop of money. Look on the parents thread, loads of info there.

Hi, do you mean grandparents whose children have not also emigrated? i.e. your son/daughter is no longer in the family with the children but the children have emigrated with the other parent??

If so, I'd be interested in any answers.

Laura

Hi no ,my daughter son in law 2grandchildren left uk for Queensland Jan 2012.applied for permanent residence 2014 ,took nearly another year to receive had to getpolice checks in England and Australia ,all took time we applied for visa 143 in June 2015,so by this time next year we should be looking at medicals etc,I am 72 husband 74 so it's a real big decision for us as we don't want to live in their house or need any financial help from them, we would have to rent but not bothered about that mostly concerned about transferring pensions and any medical problems as we get older(good health now).would like to now if there is anyone in the same 'boat'

Archived