EOI submitted Dec '15. visa 190-189. time frames. general chat

Guest Guest114430

Guest Guest114430
Hi Guys, I also submitted EOI for 190 visa VIC in Dec 2015, I'm a registered nurse with 70 points and lodged EOI 14.12.15 and invite received 18.12.15. We got assigned a case officer 13.1.16 who asked for our medicals and police checks, in hindsight we could have done this before hand but you never know how long these things will take. A friend of mine applied in July and hers took 4 months from giving in all her documents health checks etc.

your CO was assigned super quick!! my agent has said the last few she has dealt with hve been quick to get assigned so fingers crossed, i have sent for my police cert and have my medical booked for this friday.

where you are heading to?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest114430
I submitted EOI in Dec for 189 I'm a nurse with 65 points. I had invited the same week (sat- thu) but it was close to an invite date and 65 points helped me.

Heading to Sydney hopefully June time.

i forgot to add....im aiming for around june time too, if all goes smoothly regarding visa processing times. are you emigrating alone or with family etc?

im all on my own, so will be a total new start, job, friends etc. scary stuff but excited for the challenge!! will need to start networking double qucik!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, 6 week today I lodged my EOI and today we have been invited to apply to NSW for our sponsorship. buzzing today that theres finally a bit of progress. Have been advised this bit may take about a week then we get to apply for the main visa. Unsure how long thats gonna take. hopefully not the 3-4 months some people have stated. Been advised its more like a few weeks!

Guest Guest114430
Hi guys, 6 week today I lodged my EOI and today we have been invited to apply to NSW for our sponsorship. buzzing today that theres finally a bit of progress. Have been advised this bit may take about a week then we get to apply for the main visa. Unsure how long thats gonna take. hopefully not the 3-4 months some people have stated. Been advised its more like a few weeks!

nice one mate. its always nice to get some progress! just out of interest, why are you waiting a week to lodge the visa application? i lodged the same day i received the invite!

ive completed my medical and police check and they both have been front loaded. will be completing form 80 over the weekend ready to be submitted when asked by the CO. (apparently everyone is getting asked to do these now)

My agent advised me that another client of hers got assigned their case officer yesterday and they only lodged a week previously to me, so hopefully that trend continues and i'll get my CO pretty soon!!

Guest Guest114430
Hi all

we submitted our EOI on the 20th of January for NSW (190) and received an invitation today!! # So excited... Good luck to you all

Hi faithmove7,

well done on your invite, that was quick!! where are you hoping to head to? what profession do you do?

i think if your profession is on the states list, you should get invited automatically ithink, thats what my agent informed me of. she said, the 190's are around a 6 week turnaround for invitation. (maybe a little longer with xmas break etc).

once the state accepts nomination, you get invited straight away rather than having to wait for DIPB to invite you which i think takes longer. plus you'll have the 70 mark with the 190, is that right? then im sure it'll be much quicker.

regarding info on the 190, invites etc, im not sure, im guessing each state has its own ceiling but i think there is more availability because most skilled want to go for the 189, i kinda think the 190 is like a secret quicker path through...haha....i dont think most people undtstand the difference and think they have to stay in the nominated state for a certain period. its a morale obligation but the 190 visa is a PR with no restrictions. no one will know unless you tell them. the visa 'stamp' (electronic) will just say perm resident.

Hi Mikee,

Can I ask who is your agent?

Thanks.

Guest Guest114430
Hi Mikee,

Can I ask who is your agent?

Thanks.

hi Noriattila,

My immigration agent i am using are called Ian Harrop and associates. i was recommended them and have found them very helpful and thorough. i have been personally dealing with a nice lady called Jenny and she has been patient with me as i ask A LOT of questions!! :-)

Guest Guest114430
Plumber and plumbers wife (that's me =) ) - visa lodged 8th Jan, everything front loaded, just waiting now, obsessively checking my emails and immi account! Also aiming for June at the latest all being well.

hey plumbers wife!!

im at a similar stage to you then, be interesting to how we both fair time frame wise. although we have applied for different visa's. it'll also be interesting to how how the process differs.

i will be sorting my form 80 this weekend.

keep me informed on your progress!! :huh:

hey plumbers wife!!

im at a similar stage to you then, be interesting to how we both fair time frame wise. although we have applied for different visa's. it'll also be interesting to how how the process differs.

i will be sorting my form 80 this weekend.

keep me informed on your progress!! :huh:

Will do mikee. We were going to do 190 but before NSW could reply our 189 invite came through so we've gone that route instead. Got to get out heads around getting a plumbers licence the other end as will you need to, think that could be harder than the visa process, I think you have to do a year as a plumbers mate and with college involvement but aside from that I know nothing! Do you know anything about the process at all?

Guest Guest114430
Will do mikee. We were going to do 190 but before NSW could reply our 189 invite came through so we've gone that route instead. Got to get out heads around getting a plumbers licence the other end as will you need to, think that could be harder than the visa process, I think you have to do a year as a plumbers mate and with college involvement but aside from that I know nothing! Do you know anything about the process at all?

yes you are correct. upon arriving your husband will have to apply for a provisional licence. then complete 1 year under a licenced plumber, then he will be able to apply for a full licence. bloody ball ache to be honest, but hey, it is what it is!! i would imagine once you start working with plumbers over there and they'll see how capable one is, then it'll be fine work wise, as in im sure we wont be having to pass spanners and make the tea whilst on our provisional year!!

yes you are correct. upon arriving your husband will have to apply for a provisional licence. then complete 1 year under a licenced plumber, then he will be able to apply for a full licence. bloody ball ache to be honest, but hey, it is what it is!! i would imagine once you start working with plumbers over there and they'll see how capable one is, then it'll be fine work wise, as in im sure we wont be having to pass spanners and make the tea whilst on our provisional year!!

Thanks for the clarification. yeah it is just a pain in arse that its got to be done but it will prove useful to pick up more of the differences I'm sure. Steven worked as a plumber there for 5 months before but it wasn't a very above board company although they did get his worked signed off by a licenced plumber. Fingers crossed for some good plumbing positions!

nice one mate. its always nice to get some progress! just out of interest, why are you waiting a week to lodge the visa application? i lodged the same day i received the invite!

ive completed my medical and police check and they both have been front loaded. will be completing form 80 over the weekend ready to be submitted when asked by the CO. (apparently everyone is getting asked to do these now)

My agent advised me that another client of hers got assigned their case officer yesterday and they only lodged a week previously to me, so hopefully that trend continues and i'll get my CO pretty soon!!

Hi mikee..

Sorry what I meant was.. We have applied today. I got an email from my agent saying we have been invited to apply. Then she took the payment and has applied to NSW for sponsorship (190visa) today. The way I took it was.. The application for sponsor ship takes about a week to hear anything back from.. and once we have been accepted for sponsorship, we then apply for the main visa.

I thinks that's the way it's going anyway. I don't log on to an IMMI account or anything or fill out anything like a "form 80". My agent just emails me what they need and I fill it out and send it back, or give my bank details for payment at each stage for payment. They are taking care of everything.

Guest Guest114430
Hi mikee..

Sorry what I meant was.. We have applied today. I got an email from my agent saying we have been invited to apply. Then she took the payment and has applied to NSW for sponsorship (190visa) today. The way I took it was.. The application for sponsor ship takes about a week to hear anything back from.. and once we have been accepted for sponsorship, we then apply for the main visa.

I thinks that's the way it's going anyway. I don't log on to an IMMI account or anything or fill out anything like a "form 80". My agent just emails me what they need and I fill it out and send it back, or give my bank details for payment at each stage for payment. They are taking care of everything.

cool, yeah i dont either. my agent has all those details, when you get assigned a case officer you will be asked to fill 'form 80' out. its a form consisting of around 60 extremely detailed questions.

have you booked your medical yet? and sent off for your police checks?

Six weeks?! That's fast. I have just lodged my EOI of 190 visa for NSW state nomination as software engineer on the 1st of February. I am now hoping that it could take as soon so yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mikee

Please excuse me butting into this discussion. I wondered if you could answer a quick question for me? Please???? :)

i am the plumber's wife & are planning on applying for the 189 though we could go the 190 route as my whole family are in Perth now and that's where we will be going.

My husband has done the IELTs & the Vetassess skills assessment.

What at I want to check: do we need to get the TRA skilled employment advice or can we just go ahead and apply for the visa & send our skilled employment documents directly to the Aus Gov?

many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Could anyone advise please...I had originally planned to front load our police and medical checks between our EOI and invite however to our surprise the invite only took a week. Police check is in the post but will be 10-20 working days and was just about to do My Health Declaration when we got the invite. I have read that front loading can speed up the process as we are on a tight timescale. So do I go ahead with the application without the medicals or get them done first and then apply? Or will it make any difference? Thanks in advance:)

We also have been invited to apply...just yesterday...have no idea how long it's taking for them to approve the nominations at the moment... Not worried or stressed though, just very very excited.

I actually can't remember when our EOI was submitted originally, sometime towards the mid/end of last year.

Can't actually believe it..!

Anyone have any ideas how long things are generally taking then from this point for NSW?

We also have been invited to apply...just yesterday...have no idea how long it's taking for them to approve the nominations at the moment... Not worried or stressed though, just very very excited.

I actually can't remember when our EOI was submitted originally, sometime towards the mid/end of last year.

Can't actually believe it..!

Anyone have any ideas how long things are generally taking then from this point for NSW?

Hi jodipodi,

That's excellent.. Once we submitted our EOI it took 6 weeks exactly to be invited and once we applied it it took about 15-16days.. which wasn't too bad at all.. We now have our state sponsorship and have applied for our main visa.. which shouldn't be too long now

Yeah not atall.. Our agent was very cautious and did advice upto 3 months.. I phoned them after the 15days asking for any info just hoping.. They said could be anything between 1 and 12 weeks.. and I got a phone call back that night with the good news

Archived