EOI submitted Dec '15. visa 190-189. time frames. general chat

Guest Guest114430

Guest Guest114430

Hey everyone, this is my first thread. really love all the info on the site. its really helpful to hear everyone elses stories and processes.

i thought i'd start a thread for chit chat and to see if anyone else had submitted their EOI in december '15? i thought it would be good to chat with people at similar stage along the way!! :cool:

i'm submitted the EOI for the 190 (SA) and 189 with 65 and 60 points respectively. my agent said the 190 wil come through quicker than the 189, so hopefully i'll get invited within a few weeks.

is anyone else in a similar position currently? or has some experience previously?

what are peoples plans? job prospects?

be good to hear from you lot!!

Mike. Based in Brighton.

EOI SUBMITTED 15/12/15

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mikee

I submitted my EOI on 17/12/15 for a 189 visa with 65 points, the unfortunate thing for me is that I have applied as an Accountant and they are currently only inviting 70 points, but the rumours on the site is that they may start inviting applicants with 65 points, always looking for good news!

So i am hoping that I will get an invite over the next few months. Hopefully the wait won't put to much stress on me :confused:

Plan will be to move to Perth, I have family and friends there already

Guest Guest114430
Hi Mikee

I submitted my EOI on 17/12/15 for a 189 visa with 65 points, the unfortunate thing for me is that I have applied as an Accountant and they are currently only inviting 70 points, but the rumours on the site is that they may start inviting applicants with 65 points, always looking for good news!

So i am hoping that I will get an invite over the next few months. Hopefully the wait won't put to much stress on me :confused:

Plan will be to move to Perth, I have family and friends there already

Hey,

fingers crossed for you, i did read certain 'trades' are looking for higher points because of the number of applications received. did you not think about the 190? its effectively the same visa, except you are sponsored by the state you apply to. the visa has no restrictions at all. you are free to live and work where ever you like. plus you gain an extra 5 points.

i think the 190 does not have a ceiling like the others (dont quote me), as long as your job is listed on the applied state.

hopefully the process isnt too stressful, i do see a lot of people stressing. i was stressing regarding all the paperwork, skills assessments (im a plumber) but once that was all done, im kinda coasting now. i dont have any ties here in the uk, house, wife, kids so im good to go when the visa gets sorted!! fingers crossed anyway. im sure they'll be more stresses in the future when the next stage gets going!!

are you moving with someone? i lived in perth for a year a few years back. WA is really nice, especially up and down the coast. Marg river is my fave place of all oz so far. i think i'll give the east coast a go this time, but im pretty opened minded as to what i will do. new start and all that. its kinda exciting being a but casual about my plans!! :jiggy:

Funny you should mention the 190, I have just updated my EOI to include it. Do you know how they select applicants for the 190 and if there is any information on invites like the 189 visa

Yeah I have a young family, but no actual ties here, so moving may be a bit tricky with them but I'm in a fortunate position to have close family and friends in Perth, heard Brisbane is awesome, again have some school friends there and they can't get enough of it.

Guest Guest114430
Funny you should mention the 190, I have just updated my EOI to include it. Do you know how they select applicants for the 190 and if there is any information on invites like the 189 visa

Yeah I have a young family, but no actual ties here, so moving may be a bit tricky with them but I'm in a fortunate position to have close family and friends in Perth, heard Brisbane is awesome, again have some school friends there and they can't get enough of it.

i think if your profession is on the states list, you should get invited automatically ithink, thats what my agent informed me of. she said, the 190's are around a 6 week turnaround for invitation. (maybe a little longer with xmas break etc).

once the state accepts nomination, you get invited straight away rather than having to wait for DIPB to invite you which i think takes longer. plus you'll have the 70 mark with the 190, is that right? then im sure it'll be much quicker.

regarding info on the 190, invites etc, im not sure, im guessing each state has its own ceiling but i think there is more availability because most skilled want to go for the 189, i kinda think the 190 is like a secret quicker path through...haha....i dont think most people undtstand the difference and think they have to stay in the nominated state for a certain period. its a morale obligation but the 190 visa is a PR with no restrictions. no one will know unless you tell them. the visa 'stamp' (electronic) will just say perm resident.

Hi mate. Though I would take a quick look to see if anyone was in the same boat as me lol. My EOI was submitted on 15/12/15 also. I am a mechanic by trade and my last position was a Nissan Master Technician which a done for a couple of years. I initially wanted the 189 however I'm going for the 190 visa as I needed the extra 5 points of state sponsorship as I don't have the 5 year post apprenticeship experience in that trade. I had a minor career change and now work with heavy diesel engines and generators so hopefully that expands my jobs prospects a bit. That was the plan anyway. I have been advised around a 6 week wait roughly to be invited to apply if I am at all. I have my girlfriend on my visa aswell so hopefully all goes very smoothly. Has been absolutely stress free and excellent so far. Started the process in May. I have no idea how long it takes to be granted if were invited to apply. Hopefully not ling because the excitement is getting unbearable haha

Gavin

Guest Guest114430
Hi mate. Though I would take a quick look to see if anyone was in the same boat as me lol. My EOI was submitted on 15/12/15 also. I am a mechanic by trade and my last position was a Nissan Master Technician which a done for a couple of years. I initially wanted the 189 however I'm going for the 190 visa as I needed the extra 5 points of state sponsorship as I don't have the 5 year post apprenticeship experience in that trade. I had a minor career change and now work with heavy diesel engines and generators so hopefully that expands my jobs prospects a bit. That was the plan anyway. I have been advised around a 6 week wait roughly to be invited to apply if I am at all. I have my girlfriend on my visa aswell so hopefully all goes very smoothly. Has been absolutely stress free and excellent so far. Started the process in May. I have no idea how long it takes to be granted if were invited to apply. Hopefully not ling because the excitement is getting unbearable haha

Gavin

hey mate, sounds good. did you have to do an assessment?

yeah 6 weeks is the rough time frame i was given also, fingers crossed for the end of this month/beginning of feb! keep us posted!!

Hi mate, yeah I had to do a kinda of Skype interview with VETASSESS. Lasted about 3 hours and went through everything I done in my apprenticeship. Wasn't to bad. What about you? Apart from that just had to send all my certificates and proof of training away including work references and statements and all that

Guest Guest114430
Hi mate, yeah I had to do a kinda of Skype interview with VETASSESS. Lasted about 3 hours and went through everything I done in my apprenticeship. Wasn't to bad. What about you? Apart from that just had to send all my certificates and proof of training away including work references and statements and all that

woah, 3 hours?? i had to obviously submit all payslips, refs, quals but also had to do a practical assessment in london for the day. mock set up, had to do some plumbing tasks and some theroy.

to be honest it was easy, i think they look to catch the chancers out which i understand. lots of hoops to jump through!!

nearly there now tho!! where are you based in the uk?

Hi,

Submitted my EOI (190, Accountant) with 70 points in mid Nov, and is still waiting. I am very desperate to know if there is at least one accountant who got sponsorship (190 sub-class) with 70 points - want to know that they invite aplicants with such background and my chances are more than 0.

Hi mikee. Yeah 3 hours man it was quite intense at times. I think in the end the guy was glad to finish it but we had a wee chat for ten minutes after all the questions just talking about our plans and how we had got here. Yeah I had to do the same with the payslips. As much as possible in the last 3 years etc and all my p60s aswell. Me and my partner also had to get written statements from friends and family that back us as being a couple for the past five years and I also sent away a load of Christmas cards and party invitations addressed to us both, then loads of pictures of us both on holiday over the past 5 years and pictures including family members that wrote statements to tie it all together. It's actually a good thing that they are so in depth so I don't knock it. I live in Glasgow mate what about you?

Guest Guest114430
Hi,

Submitted my EOI (190, Accountant) with 70 points in mid Nov, and is still waiting. I am very desperate to know if there is at least one accountant who got sponsorship (190 sub-class) with 70 points - want to know that they invite aplicants with such background and my chances are more than 0.

Hey, im not sure about those kind of professions, from what i see there alot and thats why i guess they are taking on the higher scores, im sure you will get an invite with 70, maybe just take a little longer.

Guest Guest114430
Hi mikee. Yeah 3 hours man it was quite intense at times. I think in the end the guy was glad to finish it but we had a wee chat for ten minutes after all the questions just talking about our plans and how we had got here. Yeah I had to do the same with the payslips. As much as possible in the last 3 years etc and all my p60s aswell. Me and my partner also had to get written statements from friends and family that back us as being a couple for the past five years and I also sent away a load of Christmas cards and party invitations addressed to us both, then loads of pictures of us both on holiday over the past 5 years and pictures including family members that wrote statements to tie it all together. It's actually a good thing that they are so in depth so I don't knock it. I live in Glasgow mate what about you?

yeah i agree on them being thorough with it all. when i try to explain the process (with difficulty) to my friends, they all say 'oh god, its a bit complicated' but its actually not.

i had to provide 5 years of bank statements as i had no payslips as im a sub-contractor, but that wasnt an issue. to be honest, that was the hardest bit, getting all the paperwork together, getting it all signed off by a solicitor but no hassle really.

im at the oppisite end of the country from you, Brighton. :cool:

If all goes to plan, have you got a rough date/month you'd like to head over?

Awww tell me about it.. trying to explain to people and go over it all is a nightmare at times haha! We have a family friend out there who with thier kid 8 years ago via an agent and recommended them. So we have an agent from Edinburgh who has been fantastic. They tell us what the need or send the forms etc.. I run about get it all done and email them back.. The past 8 months has been relatively stress free which I wasn't expecting. Not having to get anything signed off or anything I think they do al that for you.

Well all going well and visa is granted by end of march then I can properly start applying for jobs. Have done alot of ground work so far an got my name out and got some contacts and expressed interest etc but there is only so far they will entertain you without a visa on a bit of paper if you know what I mean. The planned time is around June which give us time to take a month off work and spend some time with family etc.. if a job was to come up sooner though then it would be a no brainer.. as soon as possible I suppose rules all.

What about you. What area are you going to.

Hey Mikee. I can't work out what visa I should go for. I'm a motor mechanic so can wait a year and get an employer nominated visa, or apply on my own as a skilled worker. I think that they cost about the same but I've heard the employer nominated visa usually goes through quicker. Only thing is I'm not sure I want to be tied into my current employer for the foreseeable future. I like the idea of moving on and seeing a bit more of Australia. My partner is defacto on my visa and I'm not sure how that will affect it either. There's so much to get your head around!

Guest Guest114430
Hey Mikee. I can't work out what visa I should go for. I'm a motor mechanic so can wait a year and get an employer nominated visa, or apply on my own as a skilled worker. I think that they cost about the same but I've heard the employer nominated visa usually goes through quicker. Only thing is I'm not sure I want to be tied into my current employer for the foreseeable future. I like the idea of moving on and seeing a bit more of Australia. My partner is defacto on my visa and I'm not sure how that will affect it either. There's so much to get your head around!

hey, best bet is to hve a chat with an agent. obviously the better option in your own skilled visa, even if it takes a little longer. then you have no resrictions etc. especially if you want to move around a bit, thats my rough plan too. see the place properly.

Guest Guest114430
Hi mikee, thats fantastic mate! Hopefully mine isnt too far behind. How long do you reckon the application will be

my agent has said roughly 3-4 months for the grant. she said her last couple of clients have been allocated a CO quite quickly so hopefully a bit quicker. i'll get the medical and police check sorted in the mean time.

are you going through an agent?

Guest Guest114430
3-4 MONTHS... **** that.. I was told about 6 weeks one we've applied.. Jeezo. . I really hope it doesn't take that long man.. For both of us. Each I'm going through an agent.

the 6 week quote is the invitation, mine came in early. Once you lodge the visa, you have to wait to get assigned a case officer, the individual who looks and decides the outcome. That alone can take a few weeks, as I said my agent has said she has had people assigned quite quick in recent months so hopefully that can carry on. Plus medical and police check are only done after the lodge.

Hey everyone, this is my first thread. really love all the info on the site. its really helpful to hear everyone elses stories and processes.

i thought i'd start a thread for chit chat and to see if anyone else had submitted their EOI in december '15? i thought it would be good to chat with people at similar stage along the way!! :cool:

i'm submitted the EOI for the 190 (SA) and 189 with 65 and 60 points respectively. my agent said the 190 wil come through quicker than the 189, so hopefully i'll get invited within a few weeks.

is anyone else in a similar position currently? or has some experience previously?

what are peoples plans? job prospects?

be good to hear from you lot!!

Mike. Based in Brighton.

EOI SUBMITTED 15/12/15

I submitted EOI in Dec for 189 I'm a nurse with 65 points. I had invited the same week (sat- thu) but it was close to an invite date and 65 points helped me.

Heading to Sydney hopefully June time.

Hi Guys, I also submitted EOI for 190 visa VIC in Dec 2015, I'm a registered nurse with 70 points and lodged EOI 14.12.15 and invite received 18.12.15. We got assigned a case officer 13.1.16 who asked for our medicals and police checks, in hindsight we could have done this before hand but you never know how long these things will take. A friend of mine applied in July and hers took 4 months from giving in all her documents health checks etc.

Guest Guest114430
I submitted EOI in Dec for 189 I'm a nurse with 65 points. I had invited the same week (sat- thu) but it was close to an invite date and 65 points helped me.

Heading to Sydney hopefully June time.

that was a quick invite. have you applied too?

Archived