Sadly moving out from Perth to ... Sydney

kayinperth

After 10 years living in the lovely city, Perth, I decided to start new life in Sydney with my partner. We still hope for coming back to Perth one day, but Sydney has more opportunities for both of us, for lifestyle and jobs.

So, we will sell most our households, but there are some goods we need to ship cross. Mainly clothes and kitchen small appliance including some plates. TV with PS4 will be the most fragile gadget.

Do anyone use freight service between Perth and Sydney?

Recommendations and comments are helpful for our new adventure.

We take our VW-Golf cross the Nullarbor - Adelaid - Albury -ACT to Sydney for just over 2 weeks. It is very exciting trip but it will be small amount of luggage transfer...

Sydney is lovely city, however it is very very expensive place to either rent or buy a house?? The traffic is horrendous, almost 2 hours to get from one side of the city to the other..I personally will be glad to leave Sydney this year, but everyone to their own I guess

If you pay same rent in Perth, you can get a double size of house!

this moving is "trial" for us, after 12 months, we will review our stay whether continue or not.

House price in Sydney is expected steady or getting degrease end of this year... Still higher than other states tho.

Hopefully we find something decent there. Even if not, we still can have experience.

Perth is getting quiet, hard to find something new especially job wise...

Sydney is a great City, I've been lucky enough to go there on work trips lots of times and I probably know my way around Sydney City than I do around Perth. One thing I've always thought though is that to have the same lifestyle we have in Perth would be nigh on impossible unless I could get about a 4 fold increase in salary.

Archived