Help - last minute medication packing panic!

chatterbox

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some last minute pre-departure advice.

. We fly tomorrow morning to Perth with Emirates via Dubai. I got a 12 month supply of my contraceptive pill to take with me but don't have a copy of my prescription. The boxes have the prescription label on them with my name from the pharmacy. I also have six months of a non-prescription probiotic tablet with me as I have gut problems so the friendly bacteria help me out. I'm planning on packing them on my hold luggage.

Question is, will either or these cause me problems in Dubai or Perth? I couldn't take a copy of the prescription as it's not a repeat item. I know I should of thought of all this early but so much going on.

Would really appreciate some advice. We're only on a 2.5 hour stop over in Dubai so figured our cases wouldn't be scanned again before boarding the Perth flight?

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some last minute pre-departure advice.

. We fly tomorrow morning to Perth with Emirates via Dubai. I got a 12 month supply of my contraceptive pill to take with me but don't have a copy of my prescription. The boxes have the prescription label on them with my name from the pharmacy. I also have six months of a non-prescription probiotic tablet with me as I have gut problems so the friendly bacteria help me out. I'm planning on packing them on my hold luggage.

Question is, will either or these cause me problems in Dubai or Perth? I couldn't take a copy of the prescription as it's not a repeat item. I know I should of thought of all this early but so much going on.

Would really appreciate some advice. We're only on a 2.5 hour stop over in Dubai so figured our cases wouldn't be scanned again before boarding the Perth flight?

Pack them in the hold, you won't even see the cases in Dubai.

Can't remember if their is a question these days on the landing card for Australia about decaring prescription meds, if there os, then declare those. Neither one will be a problem though.

I regularly bring over the counter meds back from the UK, no issue at all.

With the conterceptive pill your have no worries in Dubai especially if they have your name printed on the boxes. I've taken mine many times and packed all but the current packet in my hold with the current box I am using in hand luggage. I think I read somewhere that you can buy the conterceptive pill in pharmacies in Dubai.

Not sure about your other medication.

Archived