190 Visa : Clarification on AIM's assessment report regarding number of years

hbashir72

Hi,

I need a clarification on the number of years of in-skilled employment mentioned on my AIM assessment report.

I have been working as a HR Manager since 2004 (with a total of 15 years overall experience). so my total experience in senior managerial role is more than 10 years. But on the report the word three years or more is written that creates a confusion. I am claiming 15 points for 8 years or more in-skilled employment experience.

Although the wording of the report says ".... You have a record of proven achievement over a period of three years or more in a senior management position....", i.e there is no upper cap of the number of years. But it shall be mentioned as 8 years or more.

When i contacted Australian Institute of Management, they replied that this is the standard format in consultation with DIBP and that i shall contact DIBP for advice on number of years of in-skilled experience.

Can anyone clarifies the above based on prior similar exp. or knowledge? would appreciate the advice. Regards,

Some skills assessing authorities consider only the length of work experience need for their assessment purposes. Some will offer an opinion about points for work experience, for an additional fee. Such opinions are just that and are given weight, but are not binding on DIBP case officers. The DIBP will not offer an opinion about work experience points until an application is lodged. If an applicant over claims the visa application charge is usually forfeited.

Some skills assessing authorities consider only the length of work experience need for their assessment purposes. Some will offer an opinion about points for work experience, for an additional fee. Such opinions are just that and are given weight, but are not binding on DIBP case officers. The DIBP will not offer an opinion about work experience points until an application is lodged. If an applicant over claims the visa application charge is usually forfeited.

Thanks. So what is your advice? how to ensure accurate feedback before I apply?

Thanks. So what is your advice? how to ensure accurate feedback before I apply?

May I suggest tou consult a registered migration agent who would need to see your skills assessment letter and your employment certifications/duty statements? The RMAs who post on this forum are OK.

As a registered migration agent, WRussell would be able to assist - his website is included in his signature to contact him.

I think your question is something worth running past a migration agent in a consultation. It's too important an issue for amateurs to guess at, and it would be a costly mistake if you assumed incorrectly.

Archived