Luggage Logistics

Desertdeserter

Happy Boxing Day!

I am due to fly to Melbourne from the UK with my family ans will land on 30th December.

We will be bringing 7 suit cases between my wife and three young kids.

The kids are too young to assist with the cases.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how we can get 3 kids and 7 suitcases from baggage collection in Melbourne Airport to our temporary hotel on Southbank?

In Dubai we used to use a "Concierge service," where a porter was assigned to assist us into the taxi.

Thanks!

Happy Boxing Day!

I am due to fly to Melbourne from the UK with my family ans will land on 30th December.

We will be bringing 7 suit cases between my wife and three young kids.

The kids are too young to assist with the cases.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how we can get 3 kids and 7 suitcases from baggage collection in Melbourne Airport to our temporary hotel on Southbank?

In Dubai we used to use a "Concierge service," where a porter was assigned to assist us into the taxi.

Thanks!

Place half bags on trolley, wheel to taxi leaving other bags and children with partner. Queue for taxi. Deposit half bags in taxi, and ask him to wait while you return and collect partner kids and other bags. If he can speak your language you're on a winner. Or befriend someone and trust them with half your luggage. Or splash out, book a private limousine and get them to meet you in arrivals.

Archived