Nursing in Perth or surrounding suberbs

Loulou

Hi all, just wondering I'd any nurses have recently moved to Perth or surrounding areas, planning on emigrating with no job lined up but getting anxious due to the unemployment rates at present in Perth! Are nursing jobs relatively easy to come by as always something to apply for in UK, look on seek to get an idea but real experience would be great! Thanks all x

I would suggest working for a nursing agency to start off with then decide where you would like to work once you have completed a few shifts in various hospitals. I would recommend Healthcare Australia Agency. There is a relatively new hospital that has opened in Perth so I think there would be plenty of shifts available. I hope this helps.

if you're thinking of agency work then Nurse West is also one to consider.

ETA - the problem with agency is that you don't of course get holiday or sick pay and you may be offered shifts far and wide. It is something to consider if you aren't able to get a substantive post right away, but for me personally, I would want the security of regular work, being part of a team etc., when newly arriving - it can help you settle.

Edited by ali

On 21st December the Government of WA did put a complete freeze on all public jobs in WA apart from police and teachers, there isn't really a shortage of nurses any more, and priority is given to PR and aussie citizens, there are the private hospitals but not many vacancies there either, there are plenty of agencies with variable amounts of work as is normal with agency work Healthcare Australia Agency seem quite popular

good luck