Meeting new friend in North Lakes

ClaireChris

We have recently moved to Brisbane from the UK and currently staying with family in Coorparoo. We have looked at a number of properties in North Lakes and think this is where we are likely to move to so we can access the coast at the weekend. We have a 4 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy and would love to meet new people and for them to make friends too!

Would love to to hear from anyone who's established here or in the same situation ?

You should meet lots of fellow poms once you get the kids into Kindy and school as North Lakes is a little Britain,lol. Just put yourself out there and make conversations, when ive been up there the people seem very friendly so you shouldnt have too many problems.

Arranging a morning tea or play date with other children and their parents is a great way to meet the locals and worked for me.

Cal x

You should meet lots of fellow poms once you get the kids into Kindy and school as North Lakes is a little Britain,lol.

I must have said it a hundred times but the only place that I've ever heard that is here on PIO. No up to date figures but the last census of N lakes in 2011 showed:

The median/average age of the people in North Lakes is 31 years of age.

62.9% of people living in the suburb of North Lakes were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 9.2% England, 8.7% New Zealand, 3.9% South Africa, 1.3% Philippines, 1.0% Scotland, 0.8% India, 0.7% Fiji, 0.5% Germany, 0.5% Zimbabwe, 0.4% Canada, 0.4% United States of America, 0.4% Sri Lanka, 0.3% Ireland, 0.3% Wales.

Archived