advice on schools sunshine coast pls

katyr

Hi All, Planning on moving from NZ to Sunshine coast March/April next year. Looked on line at areas and like the look of Kawana Waters as will hopefully get a job at the new hospital. I will be taking my 15year old daughter and 14 year old son and have done some research on line and identified Kawana Waters High School and Mountain Creek High School. Any comments on these schools? Any reason why I would need to look at private schools? Any info welcome. Thanks

Hi All, Planning on moving from NZ to Sunshine coast March/April next year. Looked on line at areas and like the look of Kawana Waters as will hopefully get a job at the new hospital. I will be taking my 15year old daughter and 14 year old son and have done some research on line and identified Kawana Waters High School and Mountain Creek High School. Any comments on these schools? Any reason why I would need to look at private schools? Any info welcome. Thanks

Both Schools are good, but probably the most highly rated school locally is Chancellor State College in Sippy Downs / Buderim. It is outstanding and we pulled our kids out of a "top" private school locally to get ours in there. Brilliant primary school too. Its adjacent to the university and shares facilities, but also the kids see it as a natural progression from an early age that going to university is something that will happen.

Both Schools are good, but probably the most highly rated school locally is Chancellor State College in Sippy Downs / Buderim. It is outstanding and we pulled our kids out of a "top" private school locally to get ours in there. Brilliant primary school too. Its adjacent to the university and shares facilities, but also the kids see it as a natural progression from an early age that going to university is something that will happen.

thats good to hear. We are moving to Sippy downs in January and our son is starting grade 7 at chancellor. How old are your children?

• 5 weeks later...
Look at Mountain Creek or Chancellor State College - both are excellent - but unless you live in the catchment you stand no chance of getting in. Chancellor is superb.

Thanks for that I will make sure I rent in the appropriate catchment area.

Archived