Spousal Visa

forbes

that's what i am afraid, they may treat us as a sham couple.

If you intend to lodge a partner visa in the next month or so, I absolutely agree with the others that you should make sure to use a very good MARA-registered migration agent as you will face an uphill battle. Regardless of the feelings you and your partner have for each other, you will need to convince DIBP of that. They see far too many sham relationships so the burden of proof is on you to provide solid evidence that your relationship is genuine and ongoing, not for them to prove that it's not. People who have been together years have had refusals due to lack of quality evidence.

that's what i am afraid, they may treat us as a sham couple.

So go about it the right way, discuss with a MARA registered migration agent and if need be pay for their services. And apply for the right visa that is best for your situation. If that is a PMV off shore then go that route. It is probably the easiest one to apply for as the requirements are far less (you need to have met, not have any de facto proof like you will need for a partner visa) and then you will apply for the partner visa once the PMV is in and you are married.

thanks bro snifter.

So go about it the right way, discuss with a MARA registered migration agent and if need be pay for their services. And apply for the right visa that is best for your situation. If that is a PMV off shore then go that route. It is probably the easiest one to apply for as the requirements are far less (you need to have met, not have any de facto proof like you will need for a partner visa) and then you will apply for the partner visa once the PMV is in and you are married.

thanks bro, i have found an agent in mel, he had gave me some sound advice too.

And start compiling evidence of your relationship, letters, cards, emails, any financial links as you get to know each other better. Keep every piece of evidence that could possibly help to show you are genuine.