travelling alone start of January (or around then)

Robdocker

Hi im Rob

i will be heading over to Adelaide on 19/11/15 and will be staying with family iv never met before (random i no) for a few weeks, after this time i will be travelling across Australia with no definitive plan as im just going with he flow!

of course i have a alot of places id like to go and things id like to do but i thought making a plan might restrict me on some of these things, and as im going alone i suppose i can just up and go at any point to the next destination, obviously this is still quite a daunting thought to me. so any advice is greatly appreciated and anyone that will be doin this trip around the same time feel to join along with :) thanks for your time

oh im from the uk midlands (crap i no aha)

Hi im Rob

i will be heading over to Adelaide on 19/11/15 and will be staying with family iv never met before (random i no) for a few weeks, after this time i will be travelling across Australia with no definitive plan as im just going with he flow!

of course i have a alot of places id like to go and things id like to do but i thought making a plan might restrict me on some of these things, and as im going alone i suppose i can just up and go at any point to the next destination, obviously this is still quite a daunting thought to me. so any advice is greatly appreciated and anyone that will be doin this trip around the same time feel to join along with :) thanks for your time

oh im from the uk midlands (crap i no aha)

hi Rob,i'll go to melbourne next month and no after-plans. i got my whv so i'll have 12 months in oz. i come from china and alone too

If you're hoping to be able to apply for a 2nd WHV then my advice would be to do the regional as soon as you can, a lot of people seem to leave it to the last minute and then can't get the necessary number of days. My nephew ended up going back to the UK after about 5 months, but he worked on a cattle ranch in Mount Isa for 3 months (said it was a great experience) and now has the option of getting another WHV is he wants to.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on going to Melbourne in Feb and have the same idea of travelling around without a plan. I was speaking to some Aussies and they suggested the best and cheapest way to see Oz would be to buy a car / campervan. I don't really want to do that alone since the driving would be a bit much alone. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested in! :)

I'm planning on going to Melbourne in Feb and have the same idea of travelling around without a plan. I was speaking to some Aussies and they suggested the best and cheapest way to see Oz would be to buy a car / campervan. I don't really want to do that alone since the driving would be a bit much alone. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested in! :)

Pros and cons, mate. Pros...No arguments as to where and what to see.

Please yourself as to times to move.

Cons...More expensive.

I bought a brand new station wagon in northern NSW, drove down to Adelaide, across the dirt road of the Nullabor to Perth and up to Derby, WA on my own . I had a job to go to in Kununurra but was stopped by a big Wet at Derby. That was 41 years ago when about third of the road was dirt.

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi all rob here I will be flying over to Perth and working there for a month or two to get my second year visa sorted and out the way while saving for a camper/4x4 as I have spoken to alot of other travellers and this seems the best idea. So I will be in Perth till around Feb March time then moving on from there is anyone is going to be in the area feel free to get in contact on here or face book if you would like to add me and send a message my full name is robert docker on there I'm from UK midlands town called nuneaton, obviously driving is expensive and to get a camper/4x4 for one person and I have been told to at least pay towards the 5000 aud for one as I have met a free couples who tried the cheap option and have been let down in some bad locations, if anyone would like to join feel free to message me. Sorry for the later reply been bit of a hectic one since arriving in oz and sorting all bank phone ect out, look forward to hearing from you (I will say it is a bit easier to speak over facebook but I will try keep an eye on here as much as possible thanks Rob :)

Archived