Waiting for Partner Visa- Visitor Visa an Option?

Belsh2737

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate there will probably be information on this already here, but with the ever changing immigration situation, just thought i'd try and get some upto date info.

I am an Aus PR, living in the UK. In May 2015, we applied for a Partner Visa for my wife and six year old daughter.

Chances are, the Partner Visa will only be granted between March- July 2016 due to UK processing times.

Our case is very straightforward, with no complications and we should be eligible for the permanent visa.

We are considering applying for a 12 month visitor visa for my wife to allow us to travel out to Oz sooner, so that I can commence work etc.

I'm aware that we should notify our case officer of this.

My question is..........

Can my daughter go on the same visitor visa as my wife?

Is it still the case that my wife/ daughter would need to be outside Australia when the visa is granted?

Has anyone else done this recently? Any thoughts/ views would be great!

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate there will probably be information on this already here, but with the ever changing immigration situation, just thought i'd try and get some upto date info.

I am an Aus PR, living in the UK. In May 2015, we applied for a Partner Visa for my wife and six year old daughter.

Chances are, the Partner Visa will only be granted between March- July 2016 due to UK processing times.

Our case is very straightforward, with no complications and we should be eligible for the permanent visa.

We are considering applying for a 12 month visitor visa for my wife to allow us to travel out to Oz sooner, so that I can commence work etc.

I'm aware that we should notify our case officer of this.

My question is..........

Can my daughter go on the same visitor visa as my wife?

Is it still the case that my wife/ daughter would need to be outside Australia when the visa is granted?

Has anyone else done this recently? Any thoughts/ views would be great!

Hello,

If you have lodged a Subclass 100 visa, your partner CAN be inside Australia when the visa is granted.

100.4 Circumstances applicable to grant

The applicant must be:

(a) in Australia, but not in immigration clearance; or

(b) outside Australia;

when the visa is granted.

It is recommended that you seek professional migration advice if you unsure of visa conditions.

Joy

Archived