AOS Assurance of Support

Julian927

Can anyone explain this. Our daughter lodged our AOS with Commonwealth Bank (CBA) in 2010....she has been receiving almost identical sums of interest every six months at approximately $480 a time, so we assumed that it was on a fixed interest rate for the 10 years, which would make sense as it is lodged for a 10 year period. Suddenly this November the amount received was $197, a drop of $283. Has this happened to anybody else?

Julie

• 10 months later...

Hi I'm new to this forum and cannot find where to ask a question ..... So I'm going to ask it now and if that's wrong then I apologise in advance .....!!! My son-in-law lodged an AoS for me (THE ASSURER) in 2010. $10,000 for 10 years. I am currently applying for a Commonwealth Senior's Health Card, but I need to know if I am granted it, will it affect the AoS (would anything be deducted from the total amount). If it is likely to affect it then I won't put the claim in.....!! Can anybody advise me please (by the way I have been 3 days trying to get through to the Centrelink office that deals with AoS).....!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Archived