Moving to Perth from Melbourne

Barrysmith

Hi guys,

we will be moving in 2016 to Perth from Melbourne and need some help with areas to live in. I will be working at Henderson and would like to be about 30 mins away. My wife is from Melbourne and would like something close enough to Perth and Fremantle, it doesn't have to be near the beach. Our son will be six months old when we get there and good schools in the area are a must. We don't really know the area of Perth very well, have been suggested Melville, Success and Waikiki as some areas to look at.

Any help would be great,

Barry

We have lived in Bibra Lake and now Harrisdale. Bibra Lake is closer, has an excellent primary school. A little further (Coolbellup) is a growing suburb, gentrifying, but the primary school is not the best. Harrisdale or Southern River is not too far from Henderson, and Bletchley Park primary school is excellent. Perhaps a little far for the commute though. Fremantle itself is a great place to live, a number of good schools, private and public in the area, but high school is a little early for your concerns. Coogee is about as far south as I would want to come in living. Access to Perth up the Kwinana freeway is easy IF it is not rush hour traffic. You might be as well to go up to Fremantle and along Stirling Highway Honestly, there are many choices available. I would recommend starting with looking at Bibra Lake and using that as a centre (close to Fremantle, Perth and not too bad to travel to Henderson) expand your area of search.

I second Melville as a great place to live, easy access to beach or river, plus you can use Stock Rd to get to work. Very handy for the city and Freo too. Palmyra, Attadale and Bicton would give the same benefits.

For cheaper spots, if you did want beachside, Singleton, Shoalwater, Secret Harbour, Golden Bay, Port Kennedy, Warnbro maybe worth looking at.

A lot of people who work in Henderson live in Baldivis, Australia's fastest growing suburb, but v family friendly and a great community.

easy back road drive, using Mandurah rd and Rockingham beach rd to Henderson.

Archived