Health and safety opportunities

Walmerironman

Hello

We are looking to move to WA in 2016 on a partner visa, Oz wife and two teenage boys. I am employed as a Transport manager with a waste/ tipper haulier as a transport manager. However, my job role covers all compliance, health and safety, HR, pricing, procurement, you name it, I probably look after it. I have about 30-40 employees reporting to me.

I will shortly be taking my IOSHH, H & S management qualification. Has anyone else on these forums made the move with similar experience?

I am thinking I could possibly apply for H&S type positions, I realise the qualifications might be different, if so, how different?

Thanks for reading

B

Hi, not sure about your situation, I'm head of H&S in the UK for my organisation and am going out in May 2016, positive skills assessment etc, most jobs even the basic ones want a minimum cert IV in Oc health & safety. Here the equivalent would be NEBOSH diploma. No IOSH course would come close unfortunately.

Most also want a cert IV in training.

ive got an MSC and an now distance learning to get the Cert IV in training and assessment. Just so I can also look at basic H&S jobs not just the high flying ones. But saying that, when I applied for our permanent residency 18 months ago there were loads of jobs being advertised. Now there's less than 1 a week in WA!!!

Laura

Archived