ACS Application with or without RPL?

perth78

Yes I read and contributed along with others to try and help you. A thanks would be nice :)

If you are trying to use the diploma towards your assessment then they cannot give you a date before the date you passed it. It seems fairly obvious to me but I am not an agent so I could be wrong.

Sorry, thanks mate :)

I have received a positive assessment from ACS regarding my RPL application. They recognised my qualification as well. But they deducted 8 years from my work experience and I am planning to appeal it. I just need an evidence before proceeding. I have read the document below and found the following info:

https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

4 – Recognition of Prior Learning – (RPL)

The RPL application is for applicants with qualifications with no or insufficient ICT, or applicants havingno tertiary qualifications.

6 years of full time professional ICT work experience in a field closely related to the nominated ANZSCOCode is required if you hold a Non ICT or insufficient ICT qualification and 8 years if you do not have any qualifications.

Where does it write the 8 years or 6 years deduction rules for RPL applications in ACS web site? I only found the info above. But it is not clear that the word required means that the 6 or 8 years will be deducted from work experience? It is just saying required..

Thanks for your help guys.

From Page 4 of that link:

"Non ICT Diploma or Higher

- If your qualification is assessed as AQF Diploma or higher and with insufficient ICT content, youwill require 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history,plus a suitable Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application to meet the suitability criteria.

Work Experience Only – Recognition of Prior Learning

- If you do not hold any tertiary educational qualifications, you will require 8 years relevant workexperience completed anytime in your past work history, plus a suitable Recognition of PriorLearning (RPL) application to meet the suitability criteria."

So those 6 years or 8 years becomes your qualification, and only relevant work experience after that point can be claimed for points.

From Page 4 of that link:

"Non ICT Diploma or Higher

- If your qualification is assessed as AQF Diploma or higher and with insufficient ICT content, youwill require 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history,plus a suitable Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application to meet the suitability criteria.

Work Experience Only – Recognition of Prior Learning

- If you do not hold any tertiary educational qualifications, you will require 8 years relevant workexperience completed anytime in your past work history, plus a suitable Recognition of PriorLearning (RPL) application to meet the suitability criteria."

So those 6 years or 8 years becomes your qualification, and only relevant work experience after that point can be claimed for points.

Thank you MaggieMay24, so why did they deduct 8 years then? Do you think this is because they assessed my diploma as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing? The highlighted words are written on the ACS letter regarding my diploma. According to them maybe my diploma is full of ICT content so that they didn't consider my RPL application with the first option?

Mate. I am dropping out of this thread.

As you said to me earlier, have you read this from the beginning?

Itegoa and myself gave you the info, and ACS give it to you too.

You cannot get a skilled date before your degree date. And if you have over 8 years experience before this date they will just take 8 years off to get you the earlier possible date.

Re-read the thread and good luck.

Archived