Sporty schools in Melbourne beach subs

Desertdeserter

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction of sporty schools in Sandringham or surrounding beachside suburbs on the Sandringham line? I am moving to Melbourne in Jan with my kids (2 Girls 8 & 4 and my 3 yr old boy) ideally I'd like somewhere with a Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary / College so that we can settle and not have to move as the kids grow older. Mixed sex non-religious state schools please! All three play rugby union in the UK, my eldest also plays netball. Happy to change codes to AFL!

I looked at Elwood, the schools look nice but seem very art curriculum focuses rather than sports.

Hi,

I don't know for sure about sports, but might be worth looking at Parkdale High School. They have a very good reputation.

Most Australian High Schools have a pretty broad sports focus, even if it doesn't seem like it on the websites.

What budget are you looking at for renting/buying - that might help suggest some suburbs. Suburbs along the Sandringham line can be pretty pricey.

Well it fails most of your criteria, but I know St Kevins in Toorak is the rugby union school of choice. They are the dominant side in Melbourne. As a Christian all-boys private school, I'm sure you'll be going elsewhere! Also bear in mind that you can always send the kids to a club rather than a school for sports, if you like everything else about a school rather than the sports side.

Hi,

I don't know for sure about sports, but might be worth looking at Parkdale High School. They have a very good reputation.

Parkdale Secondary has a massive sports curriculum. Probably more so than many schools. It is zoned of course and you may need to live in zone. It has a kindergarten but no primary - Parkdale and Parktone primaries are very close.

Not on the Sandringham line though.

You will need to change codes to AFL. I don't think any schools here play much Rugby Union. Moorabbin has a rugby club - not sure if any schools are affiliated with it.

BB