EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

Nothing to worry about. The December invitation limit was reduced by around 400 invites, this was unexpected and as a result the 60 point applicants have suffered a delay. I would estimate that you should be invited by the next round provided the quota goes back up to normal levels.

As you said, i didn't get invitation... When will be the next round?? In January next year? I am afraid if they put the permanent cap on invitations :(

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As you said, i didn't get invitation... When will be the next round?? In January next year? I am afraid if they put the permanent cap on invitations :(

I think that the next round may be on 8th Jan, and I fully expect that the invitation quota for the month will go back to a higher level.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Captain - I first posted on this thread back on post 184. At that time there were no 60 point 2613 occupations going through. Since then it looks like it's changed and 60s have gone through for a few rounds now - so I was wondering if you could give me a shot:

1) 261313

2) Software Engineer

3) 60

4) 12/08/2015

Cheers!

Hi Captain - I first posted on this thread back on post 184. At that time there were no 60 point 2613 occupations going through. Since then it looks like it's changed and 60s have gone through for a few rounds now - so I was wondering if you could give me a shot:

1) 261313

2) Software Engineer

3) 60

4) 12/08/2015

Cheers!

Hi David,

Yes it came back down to 60 points in early November.

If it carries on like this then you're looking at February for the invitation. If the points score goes back up to 65, then this will obviously push you further back.

Let's wait and see what the 18th December results are, when they come out. Because of the Christmas period, I can't see the department releasing any data until after the new year.

Hi Captain. Happy new year.

My details are as follow

1. 411211

2. Dental hygienist

3. 60 points

4. 31/12/15

Many thanks x

Thanks! Happy new year to you too.

Based on that, and providing the invitation limit goes back up to normal levels this month then I'd say that you're looking at the first round in March. You may just be able to squeeze in the second round in February although wouldn't count on that, as it is likely to be very tight.

Hello CaptainC,

What about the Visa status? I have uploaded all my documents (HR letters, contracts, assessment, DOB, Police Clearance, Pay slips, bank statements, certificate, etc.) and done the medical check but I have been told that the medical results are sent directly to them so I haven't got any report or anything for the medical.

What to do now next? Is that it? shall I only wait for the Visa results or do I need to submit my application or something? How do they know that I uploaded all the needed documents?

Thanks,

Hello CaptainC,

What about the Visa status? I have uploaded all my documents (HR letters, contracts, assessment, DOB, Police Clearance, Pay slips, bank statements, certificate, etc.) and done the medical check but I have been told that the medical results are sent directly to them so I haven't got any report or anything for the medical.

What to do now next? Is that it? shall I only wait for the Visa results or do I need to submit my application or something? How do they know that I uploaded all the needed documents?

Thanks,

This isn't the right thread for your question. But, if you've uploaded everything that is in the document checklist, then you just wait.

Hi Cap.

Have a question indirectly related to this thread. This year DIBP act differently from 2014-2015 - in Dec and Jan they issued only 700 invitations a round (1400 a month), while in Jan 2015 the invitation number peaked at 2770 (the highest result in year). The question is why and what will be the trend in your opinion?

Hi Cap.

Have a question indirectly related to this thread. This year DIBP act differently from 2014-2015 - in Dec and Jan they issued only 700 invitations a round (1400 a month), while in Jan 2015 the invitation number peaked at 2770 (the highest result in year). The question is why and what will be the trend in your opinion?

Interesting one. You're certainly right that they reduced the invitations for December 2015 and it seems that they have decided to carry this reduced number into 2016 as the 8th Jan 2016 invitation round also only has 700 invitations available.

This will obviously have a fairly big knock on effect for those with 60 points who are currently waiting, and if it carries on then the waiting times will only get exponentially longer as time goes by.

I don't have any solid information regarding this but my theory would be that there is a huge backlog of unprocessed visas in the system at present and having an invitation round with fewer invitations will ensure that the pile doesn't get overwhelmingly high. I would think that the department need to give processing officers the time and space to assess the outstanding cases first before taking on too many new ones.

Once an application is in the system then the processing officers have a processing time standard to aim for. By preventing a huge number of new applications being landed on their desks, the numbers look better on their performance statistics.

As for the trend, I would fully expect numbers to go back up in the very near future, so long as the department has caught up with the applications that are currently stuck in the system.

Also as a final note, the department has, in an unusual step, only released the next invitation round date and not the one later on in January, this might indicate that they are waiting to see how much backlog remains later this month and possibly reveals that a decision on the total January invitation limit hasn't been finalised yet.

Hi Captain,

I noted that the DOE for one of the Pro-rata occupations Accountants (2211) has now caught up with the general pool - what would the potential impact of that be, i.e. would the accountants go back into go slow after accelerating over the last couple of rounds?

Cheers

Ferrets

Hi Captain,

I noted that the DOE for one of the Pro-rata occupations Accountants (2211) has now caught up with the general pool - what would the potential impact of that be, i.e. would the accountants go back into go slow after accelerating over the last couple of rounds?

Cheers

Ferrets

It's honestly not possible to say with any certainty. If they have caught up to date then it's possible that the minimum points may drop to 65 to clear that queue, any 70+ point applicants will still be invited in this case and the rest of the quota filled with 65 points.

Interesting one. You're certainly right that they reduced the invitations for December 2015 and it seems that they have decided to carry this reduced number into 2016 as the 8th Jan 2016 invitation round also only has 700 invitations available.

This will obviously have a fairly big knock on effect for those with 60 points who are currently waiting, and if it carries on then the waiting times will only get exponentially longer as time goes by.

I don't have any solid information regarding this but my theory would be that there is a huge backlog of unprocessed visas in the system at present and having an invitation round with fewer invitations will ensure that the pile doesn't get overwhelmingly high. I would think that the department need to give processing officers the time and space to assess the outstanding cases first before taking on too many new ones.

Once an application is in the system then the processing officers have a processing time standard to aim for. By preventing a huge number of new applications being landed on their desks, the numbers look better on their performance statistics.

As for the trend, I would fully expect numbers to go back up in the very near future, so long as the department has caught up with the applications that are currently stuck in the system.

Also as a final note, the department has, in an unusual step, only released the next invitation round date and not the one later on in January, this might indicate that they are waiting to see how much backlog remains later this month and possibly reveals that a decision on the total January invitation limit hasn't been finalised yet.

Good point. So if you're right, DIBP plans the number of skilled migrants based on DIBP load rather than on calculated needs and something changed in 2015-2016 fin. year because they were able to process a greater number of visas in the previous year. Interestingly, does it mean that later the number of invites will rise dramatically? (rhetorical question :)). Another theory is that because of a significant fall in oil and gas prices worldwide the AU economy slowed down and now they simply need fewer new employees. But this is just a wild guess (what else can we do? :))

Hi Captain,

Nominated Occupation: 221111

Description: General Accountant

IELTS: 20

Education: 15

Aus study requirements: 5

Total: 65

189 EOI Submitted: 21 Aug 2015

190 (NSW) EOI Submitted 19 Dec 2015 with 65+5 points

My current visa, 485 Graduate visa, runs out on the 31st of May 2016, I am really hoping to get an invitation by then..

Thank you very much in advance!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Matt

Hi Captain,

Please find below information and request you to provide your prediction.

Nominated Occupation: 261311

Description: Analyst Programmer

IELTS Score: 60

EOI Submitted: 11/13/2015

I look forward to hearing from you.

May/June 2016

Archived