Skilled Nominated (190) Visa

Banksy

I have been here two years in January, I've just read that my skill(job) is on the state sponsorship list.

Can anyone give me some advice on applying for the above visa from a 457 please.

I have read that they will require trade qualification/certificates. Since arriving my current employer has not put me through the same Telecommunications courses that I did in the UK. My UK tickets have all now expired but I was wondering if I could use these expired tickets as proof of my trade qualifications?

Any advice much appreciated.

Will you have been on a 457 for 2 years in January with the same company in the same role and your job is on the CSOL? If so would your company be prepared to sponsor you for PR via a 186 visa which would allow you to bypass the skills assessment completely?

Will you have been on a 457 for 2 years in January with the same company in the same role and your job is on the CSOL? If so would your company be prepared to sponsor you for PR via a 186 visa which would allow you to bypass the skills assessment completely?

Yes to all of that. What is the advantage other than missing out the skills assessment of going down the company nomination route. I worked out it would cost around $11k for the 3 of us doing it that way. Isn't the state sponsorship a cheaper way of doing it.

It doesn't matter what visa you are applying "from", the process is just the same whether you are on a 457 visa or no visa at all.

You should look to see if you can meet 60 points and can pass a skills assessment. That is a very specific requirement and is always referred to as "skills assessment" it is not the same as getting tickets and licences.

Yes to all of that. What is the advantage other than missing out the skills assessment of going down the company nomination route. I worked out it would cost around $11k for the 3 of us doing it that way. Isn't the state sponsorship a cheaper way of doing it.

I think visa application costs for the 186 and 190 are the same (but check), but with the 190 you would have the additional costs (and hassle) of (i) paying for and passing a skills assessment and (ii) applying and paying for state sponsorship

Archived