Police checks!!!

j19jjr

:policeman:Does everyone have to have police checks done regardless of which Visa they are going for? (Business Visa 160)

And if so how do you apply for them? And do you have to get them for every country you have lived in? And can you apply for them more than once?

My hubby wants to get his now but I have heard that your Visa Entry date is determined by the dates on your Meds & Police Checks, is this correct? We have only just started the process and have been told we are looking at 8months min so dont want to reduce our time more than we need to!!

Thanks in advance,

Hi Jackie,

I think if i remember rightly once you have got your police check its lasts a year (sure someone will correct me if im wrong) just pop to your local police station and ask them for the immigration police check form, this one form will cover all the places you have lived in the uk, yes you do have to apply for a police check if you have lived in any different countries, sure that you can only do the one check per country

best of luck

stuju

Guest Weemac

Hi folks,

Just to add to what Stuju said.....Police checks for other counrties are needed for each country that you have lived in for a period of 12 months or more going back the last 10 years....each country has different process for a police check so have a look on www.acpo.police.uk/certificates to download the word or pdf doc which will say what you need to do....I only know this as I am looking into myself and found out I have to send of fingerprints.

And yes you do need it for a 160.

Good luck with all,

Mac

Archived