Teaching in Queensland.

Stevens Girl

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm coming over to Queensland January 2016 and was hoping to secure some work to arrive to. I'm a secondary maths teacher. I have got so far and now frustratingly hit a rock that I was hoping for some advice to overcome. I have registered with the teaching council have a number and was in the final part of the application to register for a suitability rank and apply for jobs although they have come back to me saying that I can't apply for jobs until I am in Australia and have done so many days temp work in order to go through a suitability interview. Also they have said my certified documents are not acceptable as the magistrate did not have a stamp, she put her contact number on as requested for teaching council but they say they will not contact over seas. I am confused as these certified docs were accepted for the 189 visa application and the Queensland teaching council so now I do not know why they aren't ok.

Really frustrated as wanted security of some work on arrival. Has anyone any tips or advice or been through this and can help me out?

Thanks in advance for all help and advice with this.

We would all like to secure work for arrival, but it is unrealistic for most people. By all means, carry on doing what you are doing, but you probably need to shift your mindset and accept that you may very well need to move without work, most of us have to take this leap of faith. As I am sure you know, there is huge competition for teaching posts, but as a maths teacher you will probably fare better than most once you get here. Good luck.

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm coming over to Queensland January 2016 and was hoping to secure some work to arrive to. I'm a secondary maths teacher. I have got so far and now frustratingly hit a rock that I was hoping for some advice to overcome. I have registered with the teaching council have a number and was in the final part of the application to register for a suitability rank and apply for jobs although they have come back to me saying that I can't apply for jobs until I am in Australia and have done so many days temp work in order to go through a suitability interview. Also they have said my certified documents are not acceptable as the magistrate did not have a stamp, she put her contact number on as requested for teaching council but they say they will not contact over seas. I am confused as these certified docs were accepted for the 189 visa application and the Queensland teaching council so now I do not know why they aren't ok.

Really frustrated as wanted security of some work on arrival. Has anyone any tips or advice or been through this and can help me out?

Thanks in advance for all help and advice with this.

Queensland is notoriously hard as a state to gain employment within teachng, they have the highest number of unemployed teachers in Australia.

However, you are a maths teacher, that's fantastic as it puts you in a better position than most.

You will have to do as they say, that is their procedure for placement in government schools.

However, remember that you can also apply for jobs in private schools. As long as you are registered to teach, then it is another avenue for you and some may interview via Skype etc.

Archived