Living in central Brisbane

hjd

Hello! My bf and I are moving to Qld (hopefully if all goes to plan) in January 2016. We are in our early 30's and want to live in central Brisbane before we move out to the beaches later on (within a year or 2 perhaps). Can anyone suggest good areas within central Brissy? I have been told Southbank is a nice area but any other suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance :) Hannah

Chelmer. Graceville areas 14 minuets on the train, but lovely old area, lots of coffee shops, trees, parks. Redhill and Paddington also worth looking at.

This might help http://www.whereis.com you can key in any suburb and it will give you a map. you can also key in 2 places and ask for directions and it gives a map with route, and time to get there.

Hello! My bf and I are moving to Qld (hopefully if all goes to plan) in January 2016. We are in our early 30's and want to live in central Brisbane before we move out to the beaches later on (within a year or 2 perhaps). Can anyone suggest good areas within central Brissy? I have been told Southbank is a nice area but any other suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance :) Hannah

I spent a lot of time in Brisbane and we thought of moving there at one point, we were considering Paddington and Bardon areas.

Out of interest, which beaches are you thinking of moving to? Brisbane is not a beach city, do you mean Gold Coast or something?

I spent a lot of time in Brisbane and we thought of moving there at one point, we were considering Paddington and Bardon areas.

Out of interest, which beaches are you thinking of moving to? Brisbane is not a beach city, do you mean Gold Coast or something?

Hi Bungo. Yes loooking at either Kings/Shelly/Dickie beach or Burleigh Heads way. Depends on work. We wanna get to know Brissy and enjoy being kid free but when we have a family we'll look to move out. We're moving to Brissy for the beaches but thought it'd be fun to enjoy the bright lights of Brissy for a while! :)

Gold Coast to Brisbane Commute must be a nightmare. Friday's are always terrible with people heading down for the weekend.

Just live in Brisbane and commute to the coast. Won't be seeing any beach by the time you are home anyway.

Archived