advive

marfleet

Afternoon All,

I am looking at the possibility of migrating to Australia I am

not fully sure of my options and am wondering if there are any former Openreach

staff that have successfully migrated that would give me some advice that would

be great.

I am 37, I have 5 years experience working for Openreach I also

have 5 years experience working for Sky.

any advise would be

great.

regards

Marfleet

Working doing what? Any qualifications?

for Openreach I install and repair overhead and underground copper telephone cable, I Also install and repair broadband service for business and residential customers.

for sky I used to install customer premises equipment for television and broadband service,

I have a level 2 NVQ in electrical and electronic servicing signal reception

Is your occupation on the SOL? https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

Telecommunications Field Engineer? (code 313212)

Possibly?

Code 313212 Description: Plans, designs, commissions and monitors complex telecommunications networks and associated equipment, provides technical advice and information, and identifies complex problems and initiates action to resolve them. ( this information is from the anzscosearch.com website)

A big part of my role is working on tasks for broadband services for end customers, this involves the installation of single or multiple broadband line into the customer premises for the exchange, and installation on broadband reception equipment.

I also carry out repair tasks which involves monitoring broadband line to identifies problems that are service effecting, repair of the these problems.

as far as I can tell a bit part of what I do in my current role is covered by part of the code 313212. I am unsure if I would have to meet all the full description for this code or is it ok if I only carry out some of the tasks in the description?

for example as a general rule I do not design and plan telecommunications networks but were necessary I will plan with the customers permission and install add additional network wiring into the customers premise to ensure it is possible to for customers services to be installed this can be anything for 2 pair wiring to 50 pair wiring with the correct network connection points. but this is not a daily task this happens about twice a month.

Code 313212 Description: Plans, designs, commissions and monitors complex telecommunications networks and associated equipment, provides technical advice and information, and identifies complex problems and initiates action to resolve them. ( this information is from the anzscosearch.com website)

A big part of my role is working on tasks for broadband services for end customers, this involves the installation of single or multiple broadband line into the customer premises for the exchange, and installation on broadband reception equipment.

I also carry out repair tasks which involves monitoring broadband line to identifies problems that are service effecting, repair of the these problems.

as far as I can tell a bit part of what I do in my current role is covered by part of the code 313212. I am unsure if I would have to meet all the full description for this code or is it ok if I only carry out some of the tasks in the description?

for example as a general rule I do not design and plan telecommunications networks but were necessary I will plan with the customers permission and install add additional network wiring into the customers premise to ensure it is possible to for customers services to be installed this can be anything for 2 pair wiring to 50 pair wiring with the correct network connection points. but this is not a daily task this happens about twice a month.

To be honest if you are not sure if you meet the criteria, then nobody else will be able to say either. In cases like this, where somebody does not slot right into a category, I think professional help from a registered migration agent is required.

There are other occupations that may be a better match. Search on the SOL page "telecomm", for example.

Archived