What colour medicare card do you get on visa 309?

bobby122

I am in Australia about to get my visa subclass 309. I currently have a light greeny/yellow medicare card as I'm on WHV. Centrelink told me to come back when my 309 is granted so I can get a new card. Will it be different to the one I have now? Or will it stay the same until I get the 100? (Permanent residency). Specifically am I covered for pregnancy stuff on this current card?

Are you from the UK? The reciprocal card covers different things depending on where you are from. Irish it only covers hospital care. UK it covers all necessary treatment while you are here. Although I think if you've applied for a partner visa you get that cover wherever you are from.

So pregnancy. Most things are covered. Some things you might have to pay for like dating or nt scan, but if you can't find a bulk billing place you'd just be paying the same as Aussies anyway. Shop around for scans. Your biggest issue is when the baby is due. If it's before your whv runs out you are in trouble as one of your visa conditions is that you must not be accompanied by a minor at any time.

And congratulations. :-)

Archived