Rentals with dogs?

Sandy B

Been having a look on the realestate web site on rentals,a lot of property says no dogs or small animals on application, can anyone tell me if this is going to be a problem bringing our dog or are there plenty of rental property that allows dogs? We are looking to go to the Gold coast.:unsure:

Been having a look on the realestate web site on rentals,a lot of property says no dogs or small animals on application, can anyone tell me if this is going to be a problem bringing our dog or are there plenty of rental property that allows dogs? We are looking to go to the Gold coast.:unsure:

Hi

Dont know about Gold Coast but in WA we had no trouble but you hasve to pay an extra bond and pay for carpets to be pro cleaned when you leave( good job we only have 2 carpets

Malx

aka Billy NM

Guest longland

You shouldn't have a problem, there are plenty of renters that will accept dogs. A number of them stipulate that they have to remain outdoors, ours lives in the garage - honest!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

I would recommend getting references for your dogs, I know this may sound silly but a lot of landlords will accept them. I run dog training classes and am often asked to provide references for my clients, these just say how well trained Fido is and how far he has progressed in training. If your dog doesn't attend training classes ask your neighbour or vet. I also recommend offering an extra bond and doing a seperate contract. You can find more inormation here: Melbourne Pet Minders Renting with Pets

Guest mandy1

Hi

We got oour rental first & then got a dog! We had to request permission from the landlord, pay a $100 pet bond and also agree to have the house sprayed inside and out for fleas on vacating. Most other lets we looked at said animals considered too

Mandy x

Archived