Partner Visa 309 - Supporting Document Help

jesijesi

Hi Guys,

Would really helpful if someone could help me with questions i have regarding the 309 visa process

I have a 190 visa and will be moving to aus in november. I've been married for 2 years(arranged marriage) and she was not part of the visa and now i need to apply for 309 visa. I am planning to do so once i arrive in australia and get a couple of pay slips to show i am working in australia.

My concern is really around giving proof for "Evidence that your relationship is genuine."

Ours was an arranged marriage and she has worked for only 3 months in the last two years. So she does not have any correspondence like letters or bank statements etc

let me start with what i have

i know that i have to provide statement regarding our relationship and provide stat declaration. I can provide the lease agreement, joint travel tickets, and pics with relatives. Can also provide skype,gtalk history etc

I am not sure whether these are enough, especially since its an arrange marriage.

It will be of great help if someone in similar situation can provide what all documents they have submitted for supporting their relationship.

Thanks,

jesi

I have not been in your situation but have added a couple of links and suggest you drop them an email or give them a ring and get professional advice. Sorry I can not be of further help, unfortunately I do not know of anyone in your situation who I could ask.

http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

http://www.visaaustralia.com.au/immigration-services/family-and-spouse-visas/

Hi Guys,

Would really helpful if someone could help me with questions i have regarding the 309 visa process

I have a 190 visa and will be moving to aus in november. I've been married for 2 years(arranged marriage) and she was not part of the visa and now i need to apply for 309 visa. I am planning to do so once i arrive in australia and get a couple of pay slips to show i am working in australia.

My concern is really around giving proof for "Evidence that your relationship is genuine."

Ours was an arranged marriage and she has worked for only 3 months in the last two years. So she does not have any correspondence like letters or bank statements etc

let me start with what i have

i know that i have to provide statement regarding our relationship and provide stat declaration. I can provide the lease agreement, joint travel tickets, and pics with relatives. Can also provide skype,gtalk history etc

I am not sure whether these are enough, especially since its an arrange marriage.

It will be of great help if someone in similar situation can provide what all documents they have submitted for supporting their relationship.

Thanks,

jesi

Firstly SHE applies for the visa, not you. She is the offshore applicant. You are the sponsor.

You will both need to provide statements about the relationship.

You say that you are not yet in Australia - well in that case presumably you have been living with her so there will be proof of the relationship proof you have shared a house, been to events together, had photos taken together etc she can include all that as evidence. Once you return to Australia you can both collect proof of keeping in touch like letters, texts, emails etc

And have a good read of the official website for more info on evidence

http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

I wouldn't get too hung up on the arranged marriage, this is the custom in some parts of the world and Australians will be aware of that. You haven't mentioned marriage certificate, that is an essential part of the evidence.

Why was she not on the 190 application?

Archived