How long do you have to go offshore for, for visa grant?

bobby122

Is there an exact length of time you have to go offshore for in order to get the new visa activated?

I have read it's 3 days but does it HAVE to be 3 days? 3 full days? 3 working days?

Anyone any experience of going out of Australia for less time than this?

Depends where you go. The time is the amount of time that the embassy takes to process your visa. In Singapore and New Zealand they recommend a week, although it might be much quicker.

We got ours in Vanuatu and it took about 2 hours! Immigration said it was the only hand written visa they had seen!

BB

Iirc I think some have flown out at say 6pm on Monday evening and come back 9am Weds morning (Aus times). But they have spent a clear 2 nights out of the country.

I'd clarify this with your CO to be certain. Email the contact email you have and see what they say.

We have had clients who are required to be offshore for grant with their visas granted within minutes of their flight departing Australia.

So, in answer to the OP's question: not for very long - but for so long a period as to allow your record to be updated upon departure from Australia.

Best regards.

Is there an exact length of time you have to go offshore for in order to get the new visa activated?

I have read it's 3 days but does it HAVE to be 3 days? 3 full days? 3 working days?

Anyone any experience of going out of Australia for less time than this?

yes- I contacted them to ask was it absolutely necessary to leave for 3 days ( I had to leave my teenager behind so was concerned to get it right)

They were absolutely adamant- & then as I stood up to get off the plane there it was in my inbox - visa granted ! Could have just come straight back - although I'd have missed a great trip!

They have no mercy ;)

Archived