Haggling Shipping Costs??

Cherries

I now have 3 quotes, all different prices, all good salesmen. Crown so far are coming out best but has anyone else managed to haggle the price down a little more?? I've asked the question and said that if we can reach some compromise then they will get the job. I await their reply....

Lots of people do from what I've read on here. We didn't as we used a MoveCube and it was a set price depending on the size of the cube we used.

We got companies in to quote for a whole house move though and their prices varied and we would have wanted to negotiate had we gone that route.

Lots of people do from what I've read on here. We didn't as we used a MoveCube and it was a set price depending on the size of the cube we used.

We got companies in to quote for a whole house move though and their prices varied and we would have wanted to negotiate had we gone that route.

We had 3 quotes and 1 gave us a good tip regarding haggling. He said there is not much they can do regarding the actual shipping price (we would have sole use of a 20ft container) which is why they are very similar in cost as they don't make that much on this part of it (or so they say!) where they do make their money is on insurance, so the norm seems to be 3%, he said try and haggle this, and also if you need storage, as we may do as may sell house and rent, lots charge for this, but he told me he could do that for free too, as if you arrange storage in Australia, this gets very costly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived