Hong Kong Police Clearance - Help needed

dnp

Need some information for the police clearance process. Soon I will be submitting the EOI. In order to expedite the process, I was thinking of getting my Hong Kong police clearance before I receive the invitation to apply, but the issue here is, HKG police requires a referral letter from the Australian authorities requesting for the police clearance, without which they would not entertain the request. The entire process with HKG police seems a lengthy one, I need to get my finger prints taken in Singapore, where I reside at this moment - which in itself is a 10day process, followed by a 2-3 week time for the actual police clearance from HKG. Is there a way I can obtain this referral letter earlier, or maybe another way around it, that someone has tried.

I'm sorry but there's no good news to be given here. As you are aware, HK Police will not process a CNCC until requested and Immigration will not request one until you lodge an application, have your CO assign and then that CO realises you need a HK CNCC.

'Luckily' for me, this process did not delay my application due to the processing freeze at the end of June.

Edited by KingPrawn