certified copies...

Guest Mel & Ed

Guest Mel & Ed

HI all,

Does anyone have experience or know if i can have a"Registered Medical Practitioner " to certify my copies of documents???

Any info greatfull as we are doing the whole application ourselves,

Thanks

Melanie..

Guest GARY ZENA

We used a local solicitor who charged us £15 for 12 individual copies.

you can also use a Barrister, Magistrate, Justice of the peace, or Notary public.

Good luck G+Z

The following people are not authorised to witness documents of stat declarations in the United Kingdom for migration purposes

Doctor, teacher, police offficer, bank manager, cicil servant, chemist

Cath - we got all our certificates certified at our police station, and have the visa so I guess it must be allowed.

BEST OF ALL IT WAS FREE

Guest Heathertoes

It pays to shop around to get your copies certified. I have heard of places charging £5 per sheet!!! We found a local solicitor who charged us 20p a sheet - a huge difference!! So make a few phone calls first.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ian & Sarah

Hi guys,

We really need this sorted. I'm Aussie - hubby English and I am TOTALLY confused as to whom can make certified copies. Can we get a JP? Do you we have to get a solicitor.....

I mean I understand getting a solicitor or someone to certify passports/birth certificates etc but for copies of silly things like electricity bills, phone bills, copies of mobile bills (and there are loads of pages to all of these!!) it would cost us a fortune so I need to find someone that can do these for free or at a small cost.

I'm getting conflicting messages here from the department and certain websites. It is for a spouse migration visa.

Sarah

Guest Georgina

Hi Sarah, me and hubby are going through the exact same process, except I'm English and he's an Oz. Passports, birth certificates, wedding certificates need to be certified by a solicitor. We're getting ours done on Thursday by a local solicitor for about £10 - £20. I just phoned local solicitors and asked for quotes for certified copies. Most charged about £5 a document. Everything else can just be photocopied. We e-mailed Australia House about this and I posted the response on here under Migration Issues and I've titled it Useful Info From Australia House. Me and hubby are doing it ourselves, we decided against using an agent. If I can help in anyway - I may have come across similar problems - then just give me a shout (or PM me!)

Georgie

Guest diverdom

My wife & I have just recvd. our SIR visa confirmation & are moving to Adelaide in Jan 06. From initial application to visa confirmation took just under 5 months. We did everything ourselves (without an agent) & all the certified copies we sent (hundreds!) were done at our local police station by the service desk attendant (SDA) This was totally free, but the SDA did appreciate the chocs I bought her after stamping & signing about 35 copies on one visit. A donation to one of their charities/funds would also be a small price to pay.

Guest Georgina

I asked our local police station if they would certify our copies and they would only do so if the police officer had known us for 2 years. We got ours done at a local solicitor (who we had never used or heard of before) and he only charged us £10 for the lot. So it's worth spending some time phoning around local solicitors and getting quotes. Some were charging £5-£7 a copy.

I believe for passports applications they have to know you for 2 years but definately not to certifiy copies for migration purposes. The are just agreeing it looks like the original.

We got ours done FREE and have the visa to prove it.

some friends have been to the police station too.

Georgina - maybe the police officer you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about, I'd try again when they weren't on shift.

Archived