AHPRA registration question

DeniDeni

I am looking to move to to Australia October/November next year (2016) and have read a lot of post where the AHPRA registration has taken up to a year...

So my question is should I wait a bit before starting my application or get going with it? My only bugbear is that if it comes through quickly then I've wasted a year's registration fee when I know I'm not even going to use it. Also got to send EOI and pay for visa (if/when!!) So I've not got loads of cash to play with!

I am looking to move to to Australia October/November next year (2016) and have read a lot of post where the AHPRA registration has taken up to a year...

So my question is should I wait a bit before starting my application or get going with it? My only bugbear is that if it comes through quickly then I've wasted a year's registration fee when I know I'm not even going to use it. Also got to send EOI and pay for visa (if/when!!) So I've not got loads of cash to play with!

what visa are you planning on applying for? If it's a visa 189, you'll need to pass IELTS and do a skills assessment first. Then I would suggest applying for your visa then apply for registration with AHPRA. From them receiving my application to my getting registration took 4 months. Hope this helps.

Hi yes it's 189 and I've already done the ielts. I am ready for EOI right now. I may risk it then and wait until the new year to apply to AHPRA. Did you experience any setbacks or problems with Your application? Thanks!

Have you done the skills assessment Deni?

Archived