189 visa help

Hi everyone,

I am a nurse and I would like to apply for my PR 189 visa. I am almost through the skills assessment, I should find out this week!! All being good, I know I need to complete my EOI. What do I need for this? I have my IELTS exam already. Also, what documents and police checks do I need to start getting completed? I would like to get everything together, sooner rather than late. I have just come back from a year in Australia and I am desperate to go back!! ?

If another post already covers this, I have tried searching, then please redirect me to this page please. Any help is greatly appreciated!

katie ☺️

To complete the EOI you will require your positive skills assessment and IELTS. Once invited for a visa you will need to upload all supporting documents which will need to be scanned in colour, no need for them to be certified if colour scanned. You will not require police certificate until after application is lodged, either front load or wait for it to be requested by case officer.

Police certificates and medicals are only valid for 1 year and it is the earliest date of either of these that is used to determine your first entry to Australia to validate your visa. Do these too early you will leave yourself limited time to validate.

Thank you so much for your post! That is very helpful ☺️ What documents will I need to scan in for my visa? Will it just be birth certificate, passport, school certificates and bits? I take it the process will tell me what they want as I go along?

You will be guided on what to provide, but a rule of thumb is to provide evidence of everything you have said in your application. So if you have said you are a certain age, you prove it with your birth certificate, if you have claimed to be married you prove it with a marriage certificate, if you have claimed to have a degree then you provide a degree certificate, you will have said you have a positive skills assessment, so you will need to provide that etc etc. I don't think you will be asked to provide details of high school, so there will be no need for school certificates.

Archived