Ouch

Guest choobs

Very long and very tiring day. First of all, the good bit - passports arrived first thing, complete with stickers! It was a close call though - we checked the tracking website (for the courier) and discovered to our horror that "next day before 9" sent on Friday actually meant "We'll deliver it last thing Tuesday afternoon if we can be bothered." So, I sent in the big guns - got Daisydeeds to phone them up and explained that we were travelling next week and they said "Oh golly, we'll get them out to you today, then!". Which they did. Hurrah!

After that, we popped in to visit Daisy's mum and sister, then on the way back from that visit went in to see my mum and dad. Very traumatic. They're all putting on brave faces, but everyone is obviously upset and I think the sight of the sticker in the passport brought it home to everyone that, yes, it's real and we leave on Tuesday.

So - I'm going to have a beer and a pot noodle (healthy eating) and prepare for the final round of packing over the weekend.

Choobs

We've got this to come after xmas, it's very strange how i'm looking forward to it because it means the end is nigh - on the other hand I'm pretty emotional and will be in tears for weeks

Good luck to you all - hope it goes well, looking forward to hearing from you when you get to the other side

Ali

Guest Nathan & Mandie

That was a close call, well done getting the passports back. Your weekend must be very frantic and exciting. All the best for Tuesday and the rest of your life in OZ.

Best Wishes

Mandie

That was a close call, well done getting the passports back. Your weekend must be very frantic and exciting. All the best for Tuesday and the rest of your life in OZ.

Well, it's Saturday evening now and I have to say I'm totally exhausted. We've done about 90% of the packing but have run out of baggage allowance. I guess we now need to go through again and see if there's anything we really don't need. This is all down to not having time to properly prepare for the shipping company coming, but I am NOT going to go there :)

On the whole, we're bearing up well. Daisy is a little emotional. Oldest kid is obsessing about a lego model his little sister has. Little sister is gleefully winding him up about it. Middle boy is getting on with it. We're tired, still packing, and I'm wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

Choobs

Hi Choobs

Did you survive the pot noodles? They always give me the runs.

Cheers

Gill

Yeah, just about. They're one of those things that seems like a good idea at the time - quick and hot. Sadly, it doesn't take long to realise they aren't actually food and contain the same nutritional content as a slice of cardboard.

Choobs

Guest Missiemo

Hi Choobs and Daisydeeds

Well it is Sunday evening here now and I just wanted to wish you both all the luck for your move here on Tuesday.

Take it easy

Missiemo

Hi Choobs, Daisydeeds & family

Just wanted to wish you luck on the move...hope all goes well for you :)

Best Wishes

Anita x

Guest daisydeeds

Hey

We have now finished the packing. The charity shops hereabouts have done very well out of us ;-) It feels good to give ;-). We have cleared out the flat from top to bottom ready to say goodbye to it and plan to get out and about tommorrow to get the kids out for a wee while - still got some rellies to see but other than that a quiet day ahead before THE journey.

Thanks you for all the kind thoughts and we ll be in touch.

Daisydeeds

Archived