Subclass 300 (PMV) Prospective Marriage Visa List

Iceman7

Finally I have recieved my visa grant for the Sub Class 300 PMV on 02/09/15, its taken a long while and has been pretty painful waiting. (11 Months 21 Days).

The wait is not over still, I see the future two or three months to be busy and I think renting my house out will be a problem due to not having a job when in Melbourne yet as I will find one when im there.

Anyone with info on renting their house out while living in Australia, I would be very appreciative on replies for this.

As its took me a while to compile/search for all this info on this 300 PMV Thread, I would not want it to go to waste, so would people keep this thread going so it will help others with their Prospective Marriage Visas please.

Many thanks for all members replies to this thread, I will still be on here using the site for other procedures. I will update the new list later.

:notworthy:

PMV 300 Lodged 12/09/14 , Case Officer Unknown, Medical 20/07/15, Granted 02/09/15

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also like to say a big thankyou to Go Matilda Visas for helping me get through all of this process. I know some go it alone without an agent, but using an agent makes sure theres no mistakes, and I suggest utilising the experts in this field to make sure you have the best chance of getting your visa.

Go Matilda Visas were very professional and every question I asked was answered and was dealt with promptly either on the phone or mostly by email. It was a thorough job throughout.

I will use their Melbourne Office to continue my Partner Visa as I was so very impressed with their efficiency and knowledge.

Special thanks to John Sylvester who did most of the work on the visa together with appreciation to Marina Towner & the rest of the team for their faultless efforts.

Iceman7

Subclass 300 (PMV) Prospective Marriage List

Username Lodge Date ...Case Officer Medical Date Grant Date ..Process Time

SJN87 .......... ...10/01/13. .......19/06/13 .........01/07/13 ...........20/02/14 .........13 Months 10 Days

COLLEGE GIRL...18/04/13................................03/06/13............03/01/14..........8 Months 16 Days

DIA2499 ..........03/10/13 ........12/11/13 (DP) ..07/01/14 ...........10/06/14 .........8 Months 7 Days

OWLISWISE .....08/10/13 .................................................. ......12/06/14..........7 Months 24 Days

CROSSFITMARK 29/10/13 ........03/12/13 .........05/02/14 ...........28/07/15........8 Months 29 Days

JAMIE KING...... 11/11/13........ 12/12/13 .........14/03/14

THEWRITER.............................04/02/14.........28/04/14............10/10/14...........8 Months 6 Days

CHLOE EMERSON 16/04/14.................................................. ... 12/01/15...........8 Months 27 Days

DANNY842003.... 16/06/14

BESP ................30/06/14

ICEMAN7 ........ ..12/09/14........ Unknown ........20/07/15............02/09/15...........11 Months 21 Days

PJD2628 ...........19/09/14 ........02/10/14 ........16/03/15............16/07/15 ..........9 Months 27 Days

LEA211 .... .........09/10/14 .................................................. ...25/08/15 (TBC)

CROKER ............09/10/14 .......17/10/14 (VF)...10/04/15............06/08/15 ..........9 Months 30 Days

GBAMBER ..... .....18/11/14 .......04/12/14 (LC) .07/04/15

LAURA SMITH .....18/12/14

EIFSTER ............22/12/14.............................. 06/01/15

WAN2GO ...........22/12/14 ........14/01/15

GAZDAD .............16/03/15

GOOSERENDERS ..11/06/15 .......29/07/15 (OH)

JEN44 ................19/06/15 .......17/08/15 (JM)

Regards Iceman7

Wan2go, it was definately worth the wait, even though I can leave now, ive loads to do in regard to renting my house out, shipping all of my junk to my Fiance's house. So Ill look for info on here in regard to all that.

The renting part is a mine field, I dont envy anyone wanting to do a Consent to let or Buy to Let, its tricky. As soon as banks know you are wanting to leave, they pretty much shut up shop on renting a house out.

Finally I have recieved my visa grant for the Sub Class 300 PMV on 02/09/15, its taken a long while and has been pretty painful waiting. (11 Months 21 Days).

The wait is not over still, I see the future two or three months to be busy and I think renting my house out will be a problem due to not having a job when in Melbourne yet as I will find one when im there.

Anyone with info on renting their house out while living in Australia, I would be very appreciative on replies for this.

As its took me a while to compile/search for all this info on this 300 PMV Thread, I would not want it to go to waste, so would people keep this thread going so it will help others with their Prospective Marriage Visas please.

Many thanks for all members replies to this thread, I will still be on here using the site for other procedures. I will update the new list later.

:notworthy:

PMV 300 Lodged 12/09/14 , Case Officer Unknown, Medical 20/07/15, Granted 02/09/15

Congratulations Iceman7. Will you be there for Christmas

PJ Thanks dude,

Its what im aiming for, but Ive still got to sort my house out for renting which might be a long issue, we will see.

Also, im just looking at shipping companies, have you moved over there yet? Wondered who you used and did it cost much, hidden fees etc, more fees in Australia?

Message me back when you can please.

Cheers Iceman7

Ah that's great news Iceman7, so happy for u :jiggy:

can I ask was there a problem with yr visa? A bit worrying that most other visa'a on the list took 9mth ish but yr was almost 12mth........I'm using same agent!!! :unsure:

Hi Jen,

I don't think there was a problem as such, no idea why mine took a bit longer than some of the others. Its all to do with timing and processing. Due to the Nepal earthquake, I did hear that visas may be a little longer due to Australia taking in some of the Nepalese as an emergency and we may process a little later. No idea what truth this is.

Also I did my Medical a lot later than the others who had theirs granted sooner, this could be a possibility too.

To be honest, my visa may have been ready sooner and the immigration in London were holding onto it, or left it in a pile. The reason I say this, is because my agent got onto it when I requested an update, the agent specified the immigration reply was very vague. so they took it higher up.

The next day, my visa was granted. That tells me it was ready to be granted before, it was the prompting and pushing from my agent that got it through I think.

Jen, Im glad your using Go Matilda, they are very good at their work what they do. I was very pleased with them.

Thanks.

Iceman7

• 3 months later...

Hi Iceman7,

How are you? I hope you are doing great n Wish you all a very happy new year 2016. I'm one of the candidate in the competition for the PMV 300 lolz...:):P

I have added my details in the list and still waiting.It's been more than a year now...It's too frustrating leaving away from your partner for that long time.

Username Lodge Date ..Case Officer Date Medical Date Granted Date

SJN87 ............10/01/13...19/06/13 .............01/07/13 .....20/02/14

ICEMAN7 ........12/09/14.. Unknown ............. 20/07/15...... Awaiting Decision

PJD2628 .........19/09/14 ..02/10/14 .............16/03/15......16/07/15 Granted

LEA211 ...........09/10/14 ...............................................25/08/15 To Be Confirmed

CROKER ...........09/10/14 .(VF).......................................06/08/15 Granted

GBAMBER ........18/11/14 ..04/12/14 (LC) .......07/04/15

LAURA SMITH ...18/12/14

EIFSTER ..........22/12/14

WAN2GO .........22/12/14 ..14/01/15

VISHAL VERMA 12/22/2014 11/13/2015 04/25/2015 Awaiting Decision

GAZDAD .......... 16/03/15

GOOSERENDERS 11/06/15 . 29/07/15 (OH)

JEN44 ............. 19/06/15 . 17/08/15 (JM)

Thank you.

Username ......Lodge Date ..Case Officer Date Medical Date Granted Date

SJN87 ..............10/01/13...19/06/13 ..............01/07/13 .....20/02/14

ICEMAN7 ..........12/09/14.. Unknown ............. 20/07/15...... 02/09/15 Granted

PJD2628 ..........19/09/14 ..02/10/14 .............16/03/15......16/07/15 Granted

LEA211 ............09/10/14 ......................................................25/08/15 To Be Confirmed

CROKER ............09/10/14 .(VF)..............................................06/08/15 Granted

GBAMBER .........18/11/14 ..04/12/14 (LC) .....07/04/15

LAURA SMITH ...18/12/14

EIFSTER .............22/12/14

WAN2GO ...........22/12/14 ..14/01/15

VISHAL VERMA. 22/12/14. 13/11/15............. 25/04/15......Awaiting Decision

GAZDAD .......... 16/03/15

GOOSERENDERS 11/06/15 . 29/07/15 (OH)

JEN44 .............. 19/06/15 . 17/08/15 (JM)

ADY90...............30/09/15.................................23/10/15

Best Wishes Iceman7

Information if anyones interested.

Go Matilda - This company acted as my agent who sorted everything out for me. They were excellent. I fly to Australia (1 Way Ticket) on 23rd Jan 2016 :jiggy:And will contact Alan Collett for further business with Go Matilda when I get sorted for the next stage.

Pickfords - I used them as my shipping company and they were very organised when packing my items. The guys who came round for the quotation were brilliant with all questions answered. Lets see if it gets there in the same condition it left. I was told about 10-14 weeks to ship. It was surprising though what your not allowed to ship, and how picky the Australian Customs are. I took out most untreated/carved wooden items, rocks, sea shells, fossils. All items were cleaned thoroughly. You dont want a big cost their end for say a bike thats got mucky tyres. The cost was very reasonable too. (Im using a shared container as my goods only took up a quarter of a full 40ft one).

Renting your UK house out whilst living in Australia is not as simple, Ive had a few issues. Your not allowed a UK bank if your living abroad, it also costs a bomb to get all your mortgage payments processed from an abroad bank with the conversion processes. I have ended up keeping my UK bank and letting the mortgage and rental transactions stay as they are in the UK, but now having my father with a UK address on the account as a joint account holder. I will monitor the banking online from Melbourne.

Driving Licence wise, looks like you dont have to tell the DVLA here of address change, just inform the Australian Authorities and they will proccess this and inform the UK. No idea if you need a driving test or not.

Not sure about house tax yet, I believe I wont get taxed in the UK for income, but may in Australia. Best to tell the tax office & also ring HMRC about the move.

Its been a very long and hard process, not seeing your Fiance for over 6 or 7 months is a real tough one, but if your strong enough as a couple, youll get through it. Its a real test though.

And battling the thoughts to leave your father and a beloved cat for a prolong period is draining. When you read other posts of how stressful it is, they are not wrong, be prepared for it.

Now I have 17 days left of positive thoughts and the excitment of soon seeing my beautiful Fiance, but also negative thoughts of leaving my father and cat.

Life has to go on and you must follow your dreams, true happiness opportunities do not often come up. Take the leap into the unknown, trust your instinct.

Any comments welcome.

Best Wishes Iceman7

Thanks for all the info, will be interested in know what u think about removals once u get yr stuff & have u had a quote from agent for next stage? I'm using same agent as u but I'm thinking I can do next bit on my own, thinking about it I probably could have done this bit to but was nervous! When u getting married?

Yeah you may be able to do the next stage on your own, Ive considered it, but I believe as we have already paid for the starter visa, our costs if we wanted to let the agent do the next stage would be considerably lower and possibly worth it.

I think I will be using Go Matilda again and will contact Alan Collett in the Melbourne office for help. Its piece of mind if you dont want anything simple to go wrong. We have done the hard bit already.

Ive not had a quote for the next stage yet, ill sort that when in Melbourne soon. Im planning to get married maybe April or May, but no rush.

I will try and log on here when I can to see how people are getting on.

Best of luck Jen, keep in touch.

Iceman7

@Iceman7 Congrats on the grant.

FWIW the partner visa is IMHO straightforward. You could easily do it yourself if your application is straightforward. Just my thoughts. I applied for my off shore partner visa and the worst part was compiling the evidence to submit with it. The form filling, while it took a bit of time was fine and I used this forum to ask any questions I had about it all.

We shipped fossils and other stuff. Had been cleaned and all that. If you want to bring them, why not bring them in your checked baggage.

I surprised to hear about the UK bank account. We kept ours in the UK, both the joint and individual ones and just notified them of a change of address to our Aus one and it was fine. We get mail sent here and all that and do online banking and have funds paid into them as and when and make UK purchases from them. Not had a problem in the 2 plus years since we arrived.

DL is a change over. Its easy to do and if you've passed your UK test then no, no test in Aus. I walked into a centre and walked out 15 minutes later with a temp licence and my permanent one was posted out once it was printed, about 10 days later.

It is a tough time being apart, I did 2 years or so long distance with my now husband before he moved to be with me. We got through it with trips to each other and so on and we've been together 13 years or so all up now. I think if your relationship can withstand time apart like this it can probably withstand most things that may be thrown at you as a couple later on.

Try not to be so hard on yourself re the leaving. Its easy to get caught up in the emotion of it all but you can get too wrapped up and it makes it harder. Don't view it as leaving forever or anything, try to see it as a see you later type thing when you say your goodbyes perhaps. Don't dwell on you won't see a person for a long time perhaps but think about you will see them again. Try to make positives out of some of the more overwhelming negatives, even if they are just little ones.

I think everyone deals with migrating differently. I was pretty much fine with it all, the odd up and down but the see you laters with loved ones were not sad drawn out affairs. We celebrated our friendships and relationships, laughed, ate, drank a little, spent time together and then on my way out the door I'd give them a hug and say 'See you later' and go rather than a long drawn out hug and possible tears. We had a big leaving BBQ for loads of our friends, son's friends and their families and it was lovely. Really laid back, no one made a drama out of that we were leaving a couple of weeks later and we had good memories to take from it all. Airport goodbyes are not our thing at all so we said cheerio to my parents 3 days before we were due to fly out and then I could focus on the last few days of jobs, running around and so on and be ready to leave. Once I got on the plane I let out a deep breath and looked forward not back and have done so to this day :) Hopefully for you you'll be able to do the same with your new life here and enjoy it to the full.

Thanks for all the info, will be interested in know what u think about removals once u get yr stuff & have u had a quote from agent for next stage? I'm using same agent as u but I'm thinking I can do next bit on my own, thinking about it I probably could have done this bit to but was nervous! When u getting married?

You probably could have done the PMV application yourself but I get why some people opt to use an agent. It is the most straightforward application and the criteria for it are not as strict as for a partner visa. Only real issues would be for health, criminal convictions or some such but if you don't have those, it should be ok if people feel confident about the forms and how to go about it all. And make sure they've supplied everything and filled in the forms properly.

Just keep all the supporting evidence that will be required for a partner visa (no agent can compile that for you anyways) application. The form filling can make people nervous but its honestly not that bad if you give yourself time to get familiar with it all, read through it a few times, make some notes and ask any questions you have on here :)

Hi Wan2go,

Its all worth it but looking into who you have to contact in regard to HMRC, National Insurance, Social Security Office......

It looks a nightmare, and as Im renting my house out in the UK, need to sort tax too. Im not looking forward to this.

Ive seen info on a P85 Doc i need to fill in, and possibly and NRLi form for my hopuse renting.

Best wishes wan2go.

Iceman7

My visa's not been granted yet but I'm already thinking bout the next part. I used an agent for this visa but what with visa cost, house wedding & so much more to pay out as u all know I don't think we can pay out another agent fee. I'm sure I could do it myself but I don't know where to start or where to look for info..... If anyone has started next part and can give me any info I'd be real grateful.... What forms do I need to look at, do I stay with same co & do I need to start the process as soon as I'm married? These r just a few of the questions I have :/ lol thank u for any help :wacko:

Hi Wan2go,

Its all worth it but looking into who you have to contact in regard to HMRC, National Insurance, Social Security Office......

It looks a nightmare, and as Im renting my house out in the UK, need to sort tax too. Im not looking forward to this.

Ive seen info on a P85 Doc i need to fill in, and possibly and NRLi form for my hopuse renting.

Best wishes wan2go.

Iceman7

Hey @Iceman7 - you missed the @ sign out so I missed the post! Sorry for the delay......

I've decided to try and sell my rental house before heading off. If anyone wants a nice 3 bed bungalow on Anglesey, give me a shout! It's just too much like hard work to keep it and the money will come in handy in Oz, maybe we'll buy another rental in Oz, dunno yet.

OH will be here in 3 weeks to help me pack up and clear out - been nearly a year since we were last together - far too long........can't wait, need a snog.

Good luck all x

My visa's not been granted yet but I'm already thinking bout the next part. I used an agent for this visa but what with visa cost, house wedding & so much more to pay out as u all know I don't think we can pay out another agent fee. I'm sure I could do it myself but I don't know where to start or where to look for info..... If anyone has started next part and can give me any info I'd be real grateful.... What forms do I need to look at, do I stay with same co & do I need to start the process as soon as I'm married? These r just a few of the questions I have :/ lol thank u for any help :wacko:

Hello!!

We aren't doing an agent - ours will be pretty straight forward and it sounds like yours will be too, so I think we'll be fine with all the advice in here to be honest!

I'll be starting the process a few weeks after I get to Oz when bank accounts etc are sorted. I want to get on top of all that evidence asap and not be left hanging with it right at the end before the deadline and only a few weeks after the wedding!!

You will be looking at the on shore partner visa next. I'd honestly not overthink it yet. Get your PMV and get to Aus.

You won't stay with the same CO. When are you getting married?

You will be looking at the on shore partner visa next. I'd honestly not overthink it yet. Get your PMV and get to Aus.

You won't stay with the same CO. When are you getting married?

end of November..... Really just want to know what paperwork I'm looking at & have a read of the form I need to fill in :)

end of November..... Really just want to know what paperwork I'm looking at & have a read of the form I need to fill in :)

Just get the partner booklet off the DIBP site - the list is in there. Its the same booklet as the one for Prospective Marriage.

Archived