Hmrc written confirmation/proof of annual income.

Gunner91

Hi Good people.

This is my first post please don't be heavy handed if I rumble.

I am in the process of gathering all the documentation for PR visa for Australia from the UK, one of the documents I need is a written confirmation of annual income for the last 5 years or so from the HMRC office. I have not had much luck when I contacted HMRC,i don't know whether I have been trying to contact the right department or what I am requesting for is unheard of. could any please provide me with contact number or link to the right department for such a query.

Many thanks

I don't think HMRC would think it is their job to provide you with that, they would probably think it your responsibility. Do you not have your old P60s lying around? Tax returns? Could you ask your employer for proof of earnings?

HMRC can provide you with this - call them on 0300 200 3300

Are you employed or self employed ?

If you are self employed you should call and ask for the last 5 years SA302's

If you are employed you can ask for the last 5 years income details from employment

I am an accountant and regularly have to request this info for clients to help with their tax

They may only be able to provide 4 years - to be honest I am not sure if they can go back 5 ?

If they ask why you need it just say your accountant is looking in your tax affairs

HMRC can provide you with this - call them on 0300 200 3300

Are you employed or self employed ?

If you are self employed you should call and ask for the last 5 years SA302's

If you are employed you can ask for the last 5 years income details from employment

I am an accountant and regularly have to request this info for clients to help with their tax

They may only be able to provide 4 years - to be honest I am not sure if they can go back 5 ?

If they ask why you need it just say your accountant is looking in your tax affairs

Yeah it's 4 years. Can't get 5 as I tried to request 5 the other week! :)

• 3 months later...

Hi Makybe,

Could you please advise me with this issue

I started my second job from July 2015 and is still on-going and i recently applied for mortgage now bank is asking me to get a letter from HMRC to confirm my income and tax amount for this period, i called HMRC and they said we can't provide any written confirmation about income and tax for this current period as tax year is not yet completed.

What should i do now ? is there any way around to get this letter from HMRC as bank require it to verify my income to approve my mortgage.

Any advise would be highly appreciated

Hi Makybe,

Could you please advise me with this issue

I started my second job from July 2015 and is still on-going and i recently applied for mortgage now bank is asking me to get a letter from HMRC to confirm my income and tax amount for this period, i called HMRC and they said we can't provide any written confirmation about income and tax for this current period as tax year is not yet completed.

What should i do now ? is there any way around to get this letter from HMRC as bank require it to verify my income to approve my mortgage.

Any advise would be highly appreciated

you must have payslips from your employer showing gross pay and tax deducted.

Were you employed or self employed ?

If employed then you should have payslips to prove your income - or a P45 should have been issued when you left your first job in July ?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply

Yes i am employeed and I am still doing my first job along with it i started second job for extra income, i do have provided bank statement for proof of second salary along with payslips but they still require letter from HMRC or real time check data and they said clearly we will not lend until we have this letter, everytime i call hmrc they says we can't provide any written letter to confirm income and tax for current year as it's not yet completeed

Regards,

Sohaib

I have never known HMRC to issue such confirmation during a tax year so it's strange your lender is asking for it. Bank statements and Payslips would normally suffice. Sorry I can't help more....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yes it's very unusual request from them as they said everyone provides that when we ask them

Anyway mate thanks for your time

Appreciated

Regards,

Sohaib

Yes it's very unusual request from them as they said everyone provides that when we ask them

Anyway mate thanks for your time

Appreciated

Regards,

Sohaib

question as

One more quick question as an accountant you may guide well, like the company i am working for has an accountant and he can see everything is correct on RTI all income and tax

he can print out RTI detail but it's commulative for all the employees working in the company but not on the individual basis if he just want to give me my RTI history ?

is there any way for that or this feature is not available on RTI system if yes that will be really strange?

Regards,

Sohaib

Archived