189 /190 advice please from a 457? Help

Firstly thank you in advance. This site has always been incredibly useful for me.

I am on my second 457 as a primary school teacher and now want to move towards PR in victoria. I effectively have had 2 different sponsorships and therefore I believe cannot get PR From my current sponsor? As I will of only been sponsored one year, even though I will of been teaching here for 2 years.

next option 189 / but primary school teacher is not on the list?! CSOL I believe?

190 / but you need to have a language to get PR as a primary school teacher in Victoria. Which I do not have, any advice would be greatly appreciated about the best way yo get PR?

Please help!

If your employer is willing to sponsor you, then you just need to do a direct entry 186 visa. This is the permanent employer sponsored visa you were probably thinking of. There is no need whatsoever to spend two years with an employer, all that does is bypass the skills assessment. However, as you are a teacher, there is no reason you cannot get a skills assessment and apply for the 186 visa now (if employer is willing I mean).

If Victoria state is only sponsoring teachers with a language, then it looks like the 190 visa is out and of course primary teacher is not eligible for the 189. So 186 it is.

That sounds really positive then? What exactly is the 186 visa? Thanks for the prompt reply.

Well you mentioned two years on a 457, so the 186 visa is the one you would have been applying for after those two years. There is no such thing as applying "for PR", it is all about applying for visas. After two years on the 457 it is possible to apply for the 186 visa (with employers backing) through the transition stream, which just means no skills assessment required. But there is also a 186 Direct Entry stream, which means that you do get a skills assessment but there is no need to spend two years on a 457 visa.

Without your employers backing, there is no way of transitioning from a 457 to a permanent employer sponsored visa, so the two years is of no relevance at all.

If you do not have your employers support, then you are going to have to find an employer that will sponsor you for a permanent visa or you will probably need to move state! I believe that there are states that still sponsor primary teachers, but they are not likely to sponsor you whilst you are living elsewhere.