partner visa

skippy79

Just looking at the visa possibilities for my partner.

We're not married, but have been together for over 13 years, lived together since day one, have a 5 year old daughter together and have a business together ( 9 years ), but not married. We have plenty of documents from the last 10 years or so to prove everything.

Am I correct to think that the visa we would need to apply for would be the 309, and we would most likely end up receiving the 100 visa?

Am I also correct that the application fee is $6865?? Bloody hell, thought it was under $4000 a few years ago :arghh::arghh:

Thats on way of bringing in some extra budget..

Haven't been on here for a while, so please excuse the stupidness :biglaugh:

I am not sure about the visa numbers, but you would definitely go straight onto a permanent visa.

There is no discretion or chance in this, at least two years and a child means permanent straight away.

I am not sure about the visa numbers, but you would definitely go straight onto a permanent visa.

There is no discretion or chance in this, at least two years and a child means permanent straight away.

Thanks. I've been looking for that information - do you happen to have a link?

No.

Nevermind. I dug it out - page 38 of the partner visa booklet. Posting here for the benefit of others.

https://www.border.gov.au/FormsAndDocuments/Documents/1127.pdf

In most cases, permanent residence cannot be granted less than 2 years from when you lodge your

application. You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having to fulfil the usual two-year

waiting period if at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for

3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of your

relationship;

Archived