Need suggestions on current situation

Hifza

Hi, I am 26 years old. I completed my Bachelors in Medical Technology in the field of (clinical lab sciences/pathology) from Karachi Pakistan (2012) with relevant work experience in different organizations and hospitals. In 2013 I was awarded international scholarship for master in Bangkok Thailand. I completed my Master in applied biological sciences (environmental health) in May 2015. Right now I am in Australia to visit my sister on visitor visa. I want to know if I am eligible to apply for immigration from Australia on the basis of my master's degree because in latest SOL environmental health sciences is included or am I eligible to do any job on the basis of which my visa type would be converted to employee sponsored work visa?

A degree / masters is not normally enough to get a visa, it nearly always requires post qualification work experience as well.

Do you have any work experience and if so is your occupation on the SOL or CSOL?

Not sure I understand the comment about "converting to employee sponsored". Firstly visas are not converted, each visa is a different application, there is not a conversion process. Obviously you mean employer sponsored not employee, so are you saying you have found a willing employer sponsor?

You can not work in ANY job at the moment.

Obtaining a skilled visa will take a significant number of months.

If your occupation is on the SOL, then the first step is to look at if you can pass the skills assessment.

Then calculate your points - you need a minimum of 60, but if you over claim you may be rejected for the visa, so care is needed.

If you can pass the skills assessment you will need to spend time getting all of the evidence together to apply. Once you apply, this can take 1-2 months to be processed.

Then you will need to take an English test. You need to revise for this and work out how many points you need from it.

Then you may be eligible to submit and Expression of Interest (EOI) for a visa.

You will then have to wait anything from 1 month to several months for an invitation to apply.

You can then do the application and submit all of your documents.

A case officer will then contact you a few months later to request you undertake a medical and obtain police checks.

Once they are completed and submitted, you then wait for the visa decision - can be anything from a month to several months.

Only then, can you emigrate to Australia and work in Australia. There is no need to work in a particular occupation and you can do what ever you want.

Archived