Hello

Guest Lou76

Hi Everyone, I thought I would introduce ourselves properly. I have already posted a couple of questions and would like to say thanks to the people who took the time to answer, it was a great help. I'm currently at home waiting for the courier to arrive to collect our Visa application!!! So begins the waiting game!

We're a young-ish (30's) professional couple hoping to move to Melbourne in the next 12 months or so, I'm an accountant and hubby is a contracts manager. We've been married for just over a year but no kids yet, personally we thought going through all this with a baby would be too diffcult for us. I don't know how anyone else manages it - hats off to you. We're undergoing extensive renovations to our house at the moment as well which is really stressful - we must be mad, it's going to be perfect then we'll up sticks and leave it. Oh well - should at least get a decent price for it!

This is a great forum and such a good source of answers to questions we didn't know we had. Thanks to all.

Bye for now

Lou & t'hubby

Hi Ali, I work in Preston city centre and live in Lytham, OH works in Blackburn. I lived in several parts of Preston as a graduate when I moved up here in 1999 and moved to Lytham in 2003. I've been surprised how many other Lancastrians there are on this site.

Hi Lou welcome to the site i joined yesterday, everyone is willing to help with the ups and downs you will be going through in the next few months. good luck. karen&nigel :)

Guest The Brooks

Hi Lou

Welcome to the site, we are just at the beginning like yourselves, were also not far from you either, we are in kirkham. we are hoping to be there July 07.

Good luck with everything

Hi Lou,

What kind of contracts manager is OH?

Hi Fraser, he works in social services these days, setting up care contracts, but before that was a procurement manager in manufacturing for many years. Is there much call for that sort of work over there? We've made enquiries with some recruitment agents who gave positive feedback. However he is contemplating a career change - just not sure what yet - new start and all that.

:) Welcome Lou76 to the site, its really been so useful and there are so many kind people taking the time to reply to everyone's needs. Lots of great advice also given - a fantastic site.

LindT

The Taylor Family :)

Hi Lou,

What kind of contracts manager is OH?

Hi Fraser, he works in social services these days, setting up care contracts, but before that was a procurement manager in manufacturing for many years. Is there much call for that sort of work over there? We've made enquiries with some recruitment agents who gave positive feedback. However he is contemplating a career change - just not sure what yet - new start and all that.

Plenty of worek in any kind of aged care or health-related business right now...and will only get busier.

Not sure about opportunities for procurement / buyer in other industries (not that they don't exist...just that I dont know!)

Archived