INCORRECT EOI point awarded. <<<<big trouble>>> - New consideration

NonSleeper

I previously had a question related to EOI point here, but after a further thought I think my case has features that warrant a new thread.

To recap, my current, document-supported qualifications are equal to 70 points. But, a mis-specification on EOI application resulted in the claimed point of 75. I submitted and received state nomination and, after that, an invitation for 190 visa application. Now one option is to let the current EOI lapse and submit a new one, but there's another fact that I think is worth of consideration, as follows

At the time of skill assessment, I didn't supply documentations for one employment related to the nominated occupation, so the experience associated with that employment wasn't included. Also, I didn't need to obtain such documentations because I still reached the passing point without it. But if I submitted them, my experience would fall in 5-to-8-years range, versus 3-to-5-years range as currently reflected on the skill assessment result, meaning that the point could increase to 75.

So should I continue with visa application and supplement the documentations of the mentioned employer? Regarding employment experience, do they work in the way that allows for changes and updates like such? Or is it more likely the available assessment result is the final evidence for granting points? Please share and advise if you have or know about such experience.

I believe the issue is that at the time of invitation you claimed 75 points and the actual points you have is 70. DIBP has been known to forgive errors like this if you would have been invited anyway with the correct points, and the fact that you have additional documents to support more work experience may work in your favour if DIBP accepts them. However it is a risk, so you can either take the chance and proceed, or let the invitation expire and start again with a correct EOI.

I believe the issue is that at the time of invitation you claimed 75 points and the actual points you have is 70. DIBP has been known to forgive errors like this if you would have been invited anyway with the correct points, and the fact that you have additional documents to support more work experience may work in your favour if DIBP accepts them. However it is a risk, so you can either take the chance and proceed, or let the invitation expire and start again with a correct EOI.

Thanks for this. I guess I will stand in the safe side this time.

Archived