visa for daughter and son in law

neilo

Hi , is it easier for our daughter and son in law to get a visa if we are Australian citizens ? Do family visa exit or do they need to go through skilled list visa? Son in law has a design and technology degree, can this be used as a route for a skilled visa? Thanks in advance for any replies:cute:

There is no family sponsored visa available at present.

The 189 independent skilled migration visa is the most simple and sensible option here.

Ask your son in law to take a look at the skilled occupation list available here> https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL#

If he fits into any of those occupations and can have his skills assessed to prove that, while also meeting the criteria for the points test, then this visa will be available.

To answer your first question though, no it is not easier if you are Australian. This will have no bearing on their application (assuming that your daughter is not Australian?)

Hi , is it easier for our daughter and son in law to get a visa if we are Australian citizens ? Do family visa exit or do they need to go through skilled list visa? Son in law has a design and technology degree, can this be used as a route for a skilled visa? Thanks in advance for any replies:cute:

I must admit I wasn't aware that the family sponsored 489 visa had been suspended as the post above suggests. But in any case, it isn't a great visa and would only work if the applicant qualifies for skilled migration anyway.

Degrees are very rarely sufficient to get a visa and I am certain a design and technology degree would not by itself. But it really depends on whether he is actually established in an occupation in demand or whether you literally mean he just has a degree but no occupation as yet.

Thanks very much, think it may be harder than we thought. His job 'compliance engineer' manager isn't on the jobs list, is the best way to get his job assessed through an agent? Thanks for replys

I would say that the best way to find a solution is to consult a MARA agent. They are experts at making plans for migration applicants.

If his job isn't on the list then there may be a job which is considered to be closely related.