Anyone from Assessment Level 1 country get a "No Further Stay" clause on Student Visa?

MiloB

Hello all,

My partner who has been here for the last year on a WHV wants to stay here and study a Certificate 3 in Fitness course which runs for 6 months. We would like to keep open the possibility of applying for a Partner Visa later on, however we are worried she could end up with a "No Further Stay" clause on her student visa.

She is from Sweden (AL1), and I understand that generally AL3 and AL4 countries end up with "No Further Stay" on their student visas if the course is under 10 months duration. She also has a significant enough amount of money in the bank to satisfy any financial requirements.

Is there a possibility that my partner could also end up with No Further Stay, given that she has already been here for a year and is applying for a 6 month course?

Yes, there is always a possibility.

Yes I accept it is a possibility. Visa application outcomes seem to be one of those things that are never 100% risk adverse.

However, would you consider it a realistic outcome? I can't see how DIBP would view her application as a risk, as she is from a low risk country, has sufficient funds, hasn't had any previous visa rejections or issues, etc.

Yes I accept it is a possibility. Visa application outcomes seem to be one of those things that are never 100% risk adverse.

However, would you consider it a realistic outcome? I can't see how DIBP would view her application as a risk, as she is from a low risk country, has sufficient funds, hasn't had any previous visa rejections or issues, etc.

You asked if it was a possibility, the answer is yes. I would not have the faintest clue how likely it is though and see no value in guessing. You will just have to see.

Archived