UK rental from Australia

RMac

Hi everyone, I received some good recommendations last time I posted so I thought I would try again. We are moving to Glasgow in October (family of 4 + 1 dog), I originally was planning on booking an air BnB flat and putting the dog into a kennel for a few weeks while we sort accomodation out. I am now thinking it would be better for the kids (who have to go straight into school) if we were able to move straight into a rental. Has anyone had any luck doing this? I have been emailing agents but haven't heard back, is there a private rental website? Also how do people get around the UK credit checks? Can I get my bank to write a letter stating our loans are paid in full? Thank you

Don't you want to see a rental before you commit? I would put the long term objective of finding a home you like above the short term getting somewhere for when you land.

It isn't generally hard to find rentals in the UK, I am sure if you start looking the moment you get back you would get something very quickly and won't need a few weeks of temporary accommodation.

Hi everyone, I received some good recommendations last time I posted so I thought I would try again. We are moving to Glasgow in October (family of 4 + 1 dog), I originally was planning on booking an air BnB flat and putting the dog into a kennel for a few weeks while we sort accomodation out. I am now thinking it would be better for the kids (who have to go straight into school) if we were able to move straight into a rental. Has anyone had any luck doing this? I have been emailing agents but haven't heard back, is there a private rental website? Also how do people get around the UK credit checks? Can I get my bank to write a letter stating our loans are paid in full? Thank you

Do you have anyone who could look at the properties for you? And could pay the rent up front for you? I know someone who did this before moving back however they did pay six months rent in advance. it can be done but you'd have to be sure someone could check out the property for you and deal with the agent on your behalf.