Converting Aus quals to UK

Georgiajoe

Hi.

just after some advice please if anyone else has done this.

We have been living in Perth for the last 2 1/2 years and are returning to England in November . (

her around 2 years 9 ish months )

my daughter who is 17 leaves school here in October.

before we came she took her maths GCSE when she was 14 and got a B.

When we return can she convert her qualifications? Or is there a way of showing employers , university's etc what the equivalent Aus to Uk is.

Also, is she deemed as an international student as we still have our UK house and I've been still paying my national insurance contrbrutions.

thank you

Guest spongy42

My son starts uni in sept he has Victorian au VCE qualifications the only thing I would say is make sure your daughter gets references written by teachers before you leave good luck my son was so worried they wouldn't recognise his quals but because he had his result before the UK a levels results he's got his place his. Accommodation and loans etc in place and been working in maccas lol. Good luck

Guest spongy42

How long have you been away we where away 4 years but they have deemed our son a British resident and not an international student

Hi.

is there a way of showing employers , university's etc what the equivalent Aus to Uk is.

In Aus there is the Australian Qualifications Framework.

In the UK (except Scotland) there is the Qualifications and Credit Framework.

In Scotland, there's The Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework.

Each of these defines a number of "levels", and a qual in one framework can be mapped to a qual in another.

A Maths GCSE isn't going to get you into uni, but if she takes HSC and gets a decent ATAR score (or equivalent) then overseas unis would interpret this according to the frameworks -- it's all standardised and mapped out.

Guest spongy42

We did have to send proof of visa and tickets but as you have a house here I would imagine that will count towards residency