Sibling discount for childcare in Perth??

E2306

Hi,

With a proposed move to Perth we are in the unfortunate position of putting three children into childcare! Do they happen to offer discounts for siblings? Also I presume once you hit the $7500 cap you have to pay full for the remainder of the year?? If this is correct we could potentially have to pay $6000 per month five months of the year!! Am I right??

I dont know about discount, if there is it wont be much! Your right that once you reach the limit you pay in full, but its no more expensive than if they were in full time daycare in the UK. at least you will have half the year discoiunted.

Are all your children under 4? If any are 4 you will be able to get 15hours a week for 4 year old kindy so that would help a bit, or what a lot of people do is one stays at home for the kids.

Our twins will be 4 on 25th July (2016) and our little boy will be 2 next May. From what I've read they will miss the cut off for Kindy and we'll have to wait another year. We are only paying £250 per week for our three at the minute so it's by no means cheaper.

Family day care is cheaper than daycare centres but I don't know by how much. family day care is more like a childminder as its dons in the carers home. For 3 in daycare in full time daycare would be around 1500 a week if your PR you get the childcare rebate which halves that so 750 a week or 375gbp for 3 full time is not that expensive.

Thank you for this info. We could certainly afford these figures with the rebate but not the five months in the year when we would have to pay full childcare. I've a bad feeling our dream could be over before it has even started!

Archived