457 visa renewal

Hi all,

My husband is a 457 visa holder and his visa will expire on December 16, 2015. His employer is still willing to sponsor him again for another 4 years on another 457. May I know when is the proper time for my husband to start the process of applying for a new 457 visa. His employer needs to re apply to be an approved Standard Business sponsor.

If his previous 457 expires before a new one is approved. Can he continuously work for the company while waiting for the results of the application?

I'll appreciate any advise on this.

Hi all,

My husband is a 457 visa holder and his visa will expire on December 16, 2015. His employer is still willing to sponsor him again for another 4 years on another 457. May I know when is the proper time for my husband to start the process of applying for a new 457 visa. His employer needs to re apply to be an approved Standard Business sponsor.

If his previous 457 expires before a new one is approved. Can he continuously work for the company while waiting for the results of the application?

I'll appreciate any advise on this.

I would start the process three months from date of expiration. Should matters not complete in time, you can secure a bridging Visa (any migration agent can process this for you). The company should start the sponsor renewal a month before to simplify matters. I actually completed my renewal in less time but the times i suggest above should cover you adequately.

The process will be the same as the first time. The company must be an approved business sponsor, they must nominate and he must apply. The applications for those 3 steps must be lodged in that order, but none need to be approved before the next step begins (of course there's a degree of risk because if any step fails then the remaining ones fail as well). If they've done this before and know what they're doing, the risk may be minimal.

As long as your husband submits his application before his existing 457 expires, he would get a bridging visa and can continue to work.

Archived